Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia How To Make Up For Previous Zakat Obligation That Was Not Paid Unintentionally

Tagged: 

• How To Make Up For Previous Zakat Obligation That Was Not Paid Unintentionally

Posted by Amin Ansar on December 14, 2023 at 3:03 am

Previously I knew that zakat was mandatory only on people who have certain amount of wealth as their asset and only knew about 2.5% rule. So, I didn’t pay any zakat on my earnings. Now, I know I must pay 10% zakat on every income I get as well as a yearly 2.5% on my assets and that I do not have to have certain amount of wealth in my assets to be eligible to pay the zakat.

I have started giving zakat now but my previous zakat is yet to be paid. How important is it to pay the previous zakat? Can I take time to earn more money to do so? Or is it a must that I pay it immediately by let’s say selling things that are not of much need such as selling TV, gaming console etc?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 4 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • How To Make Up For Previous Zakat Obligation That Was Not Paid Unintentionally

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 14, 2023 at 11:44 pm

You are not obliged to pay on previous income, however, with an extra charity you can earn the pleasure of God. Man is obliged to do the things after he comes to know of an obligation.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register