Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Sermon On The Mount And Divorce In Islam

Tagged: ,

• Sermon On The Mount And Divorce In Islam

Posted by Ahmed Dokadia on December 17, 2023 at 1:12 am

I read the sermon of the Mount after listening to Ghamidi sahab in this talk.

https://youtu.be/th8-FkUcons?si=Lw3zVz7mCqYtawoE

At roughly 35:36.

And although I was mostly left in awe with the sheer clarity of faith in the text i was confused as to how Muslims should understand this particular verse

“It was said, ‘Whoever sends his wife away, let him give her a certificate of divorce’; but I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery. (Mathew 5:31-32| NAS95)

At face value it seems that it is at odds with God’s permission to divorce your spouse in the Quran.

This could be cuz of my gaps in knowledge, but what should be our approach as Muslims in such cases?

Jazakallah khair

Ahmed Dokadia replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Sermon On The Mount And Divorce In Islam

Ahmed Dokadia updated 2 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 11, 2024 at 3:42 am

This is aaa piece of dvice, that divorce should be given in extreme cases, it not a prohibition of divorce.

• Umer

Moderator February 12, 2024 at 3:16 am

Please also listen to some Passages from Sermon on the Mount taught by Ghamidi Sahab with short commentary on certain passages including the one asked in the question:

Please refer to the video below from 15:38 to 24:56

• Ahmed Dokadia

Member February 12, 2024 at 4:42 am

This cleared things up, jazakallah khair

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register