Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 60:13 – To Not Make Friends With People Under Wrath Of Allah (i.e. Jews)

Tagged: ,

• Quran 60:13 – To Not Make Friends With People Under Wrath Of Allah (i.e. Jews)

Posted by Sadiqa Ali on December 19, 2023 at 7:33 am

Believers, do not make friends with those against whom Allah is wrathful and who are despaired of the Hereafter, as despaired as are the unbelievers lying in their graves. Surah mumtahina verse 13

Who are these people whom are under the wrath of Allah?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 4 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Quran 60:13 – To Not Make Friends With People Under Wrath Of Allah (i.e. Jews)

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 4 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • Mohd Owais

Member December 19, 2023 at 12:27 pm

I find this helpful. Tafsir of a very similar verse.

• Umer

Moderator December 20, 2023 at 3:47 am

Quran 60:13 is about Jews of that time. However, which Jews is this verse talking about? this is explained in Quran 3:113-120 and Quran 5:51-60 i.e. the ones who were out in open enmity to Islam and were making fun of Islam and were engaged in other propaganda to damage repute of Muslims and Islam.

For details on these verses please refer to the video below from 23:04 to 34:18

https://youtu.be/435MqfCNqXs?si=5aEkr0xx9ShlvQug&t=1384

• Sadiqa Ali

Member January 1, 2024 at 10:23 pm

I listened the video but in it ghamidi sahb said that on contrary to those who show enemity there are those who are pious and remember Allah most but my question is that those who aren’t religious but don’t show enemity what about those?

• Sadiqa Ali

Member January 1, 2024 at 10:47 pm

And the verse I mentioned it says that don’t make friendship with those whom Allah is angry but isn’t Allah Allah angry on those who knowingly or deliberately rejects truth so were the sahaba not allowed to make friends with the disbelievers of there time?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 3, 2024 at 11:22 pm

Yes, they were not allowed to make friends with them as the polytheists were going to be annihilated. However, with the people of the book, they could eat their food and marry their women, on the condition that they stop their opposition.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 3, 2024 at 11:23 pm

Before the last verdict about the annihilation of the polytheists, Muslims were allowed to do good with the polytheists who did not participate in the persecution of the Muslims. For this, see Surah Mumtahina.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register