Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions If The Torah And Bible Are Corrupted, Why Are We Asked To Follow Them?

Tagged: 

• If The Torah And Bible Are Corrupted, Why Are We Asked To Follow Them?

Posted by Iyaad Rizvi on December 22, 2023 at 12:49 am

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

The Quran 5:68 states that, “Tell them clearly: O People of the Book! You have no basis until you diligently adhere to the Torah, the Gospel and that which has been revealed to you from your Lord.” However, it has been very clearly stated before that the Torah and Gospel have been badly corrupted.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 3 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • If The Torah And Bible Are Corrupted, Why Are We Asked To Follow Them?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 22, 2023 at 1:11 am

Certain contents of the historical nature were corrupted but not the actual teaching of Deen in Tawrah. The Gospel is not a book of law but of sermons and pieces of advice from Jesus.

• Iyaad Rizvi

Member December 22, 2023 at 5:06 am

JazakAllah for your answer.

• Iyaad Rizvi

Member January 7, 2024 at 11:26 pm

Regarding this question, I have a follow up question. I have been reading the Quran for some time now, but I cannot find anywhere where it implicitly or explicitly states that the Gospel’s and Torah have been corrupted. Is there any specific verse in the Quran or hadeeth that states this?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 7, 2024 at 11:49 pm

The books are not corrupted but the content of history and interpretation of the jurists were accused of corruption. These aspects are commented on in the Quran. See the verses: 2: 75, 4: 46, 5: 13, 2:102

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register