Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions What Is The Reality Of Sub Continents Aulia ?

• What Is The Reality Of Sub Continents Aulia ?

Posted by Muhammad Shahzaib on December 27, 2023 at 10:38 pm

What is the reality of the Subcontinent Aulia? Did they really convert many families to Islam? Is their knowledge and perspective about Islam correct? Should we, at least, respect them or not, and why? I am a Chishti from Pakpattan. Please guide me, Ghamdi Sir. When I tried to convince my family that they shouldn’t go there and do un-Islamic things at the Darbar, they restricted me from speaking about this topic in our house ever again. i want answer only from Ghamdi SirPray

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 5 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • What Is The Reality Of Sub Continents Aulia ?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 27, 2023 at 10:45 pm

There is no concept of Awlia in Isalm. This is something cultural. Tasawwuf is a parallel Deen to Islam and therefore not acceptable. However, we need not to disrespect anyone. Also, there is no responsibility on you to convince others. You need to educate yourself only. For details read Ghamidi Saheb’s article:

https://www.javedahmedghamidi.org/#!/books/5aa66af75e891e8f44a44105?chapterNo=18

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

• Muhammad Shahzaib

Member December 28, 2023 at 5:51 am

Thank you Sir for your reply, Please guide me about one more topic; That if someone reading the Quranic translation without Tafseer, how would he know that which ayat is for the specific time of past, (for people of prophet Muhammad’s time pbuh) future and for whole Humanity to understand actual meaning of Quran. Again Thank you for your Guidance.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 28, 2023 at 10:37 pm

It is the nature of the directive, the nature of cause (iilat) of the directive whether it can be extended or not, whether it can be generalized or not, determines that a directive is general or not. Also, it is well established by the Quran itself if the directive is specific.

For example, there is a general principle that God has created humanity to worship Him. Now every directive of worship is supposed to be general, no matter if it is given to the prophet and the companions. But for the prayer of Tahajjud, it was made clear in the Quran that it is not obligatory on others but on the prophet only.

While stating the special protocols for the wives of the prophet in Surah al-Ahzab it is told in the beginning that these were given to be wives of the prophet because they were not like other common women and they were the target of the slandering by the hypocrites.

Even if a directive is specific, the underlying general principle, for example, in the above instance, we can derive a general principle of morality that special measures need to be ensured when special circumstances demand.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register