Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science How Long Did It Take Allah To Create The Heavens And The Earth?

Tagged: 

• How Long Did It Take Allah To Create The Heavens And The Earth?

Posted by Iyaad Rizvi on December 28, 2023 at 11:55 pm

Bismillahir Rahman Rahim

While reading the Quran, I came upon two verses that contradict eachother. I would love to hear your explanation on this.

Firstly, Surah al-Sajda (32:4) states, “It is Allah Who has created the heavens and the earth and everything in between in six Days, then established Himself on the Throne. You have no protector or intercessor besides Him. Will you not then be mindful?

Secondly, Surah al-Fussilat (41:9-12) states, “Ask, ‘How can you disbelieve in the One Who created the earth in two Days? And how can you set up equals with Him? That is the Lord of all worlds. He placed on the earth firm mountains, standing high, showered His blessings upon it, and ordained its means of sustenance—totaling four Days exactly—for all who ask. Then He turned towards the heaven when it was smoke, saying to it and to the earth, ‘Submit, willingly or unwillingly.’ They both responded, ‘We submit willingly.’ So He formed the heaven into seven heavens in two Days, assigning to each its mandate. And We adorned the lowest heaven with lamps and for protection. That is the design of the Almighty, All-Knowing.'”

Now, Surah al-Sajda says the Heavens and the Earth and everything between them were created in 6 days. However, Surah al-Fussilat says that the Earth was made in 2 days, the mountains were made in 4 days, and the Heavens were made in 2 days (2 + 4 + 2 = 8). While I am aware that one day to Allah is equal to thousands of years to us, but the difference between 6 days and 8 days must be astonishing. Would love to here your answer.

Ahsan replied 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register