Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Performing Second Umrah On Behalf Of Old Grandmother

• Performing Second Umrah On Behalf Of Old Grandmother

Posted by Ali Hamza on December 30, 2023 at 12:41 pm

I have just performed my umrah and staying in a hotel near haram. In case i want to perform second umrah on behalf of my old grandmother, do i have to go back to the nearest meeqat for wearing ihram?

Umer replied 3 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Performing Second Umrah On Behalf Of Old Grandmother

Umer updated 3 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator December 30, 2023 at 12:56 pm

Please see Discussion 69687 and Discussion 1314
    If in case there were intentions and efforts by the deceased, then yes go to the nearest meeqat

• Ali Hamza

Member December 30, 2023 at 1:26 pm

Thankyou so much brother.

• Umer

Moderator December 30, 2023 at 1:45 pm

If you are living outside the limits of Haram but are located within miqat then your miqat is your place of residence. You can put on the ihram from your place of residence and begin reciting the talbiyah. You do not need to go to the nearest Miqat. For further details, see my comment below.

• Umer

Moderator December 30, 2023 at 1:27 pm

There are three separate issues that must be addresssed in this scenario:

1). Wearing of Ihram for Umrah:

ihram should be put on with the intention of doing umrah: Those coming from outside Makkah should put on the ihram from their respective miqat; locals whether they are Makkans or are temporarily staying in Makkah should put it on from some nearby place located outside the limits of the Haram. And those who live outside the limits of Haram but are located within the miqat their miqat is their place of residence. They can put on the ihram from their homes and begin reciting the talbiyah.

More details on Methodology of Hajj and Umrah:

Discussion 78100 • Reply 78117

2). The issue of perfomring Umrah or Hajj on behalf of someone:

This is also subject to certain conditions. The link shared by Ahsan Sahab above provides ample detail in this regard.

3). The issue of performing more than one Umrah in one visit:

Performing more than one umrah in one visit is Biddah and should be avoided at all costs. Even when someone has to genuinely perform umrah/Hajj on behalf of someone then a separate journey would be recommended. But certain financial/traveling constraints can become a genuine justification for a person to perform that additional Umrah on behalf of someone in the same journey.

Please see for details on the issue of multiple Umrahs:

Discussion 89818

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register