Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Is It Haram To Do New Year Celebrations?

• Is It Haram To Do New Year Celebrations?

Ahsan updated 3 months, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator December 31, 2023 at 10:36 pm

Please see Discussion 71175

• Umer

Moderator December 31, 2023 at 11:48 pm

The Hadith mentioned in the Question has a proper context to it which if taken out of its context, gives a completely wrong meaning. To understand the complete Hadith, please refer to the following thread:

Discussion 86753

• Ibrahim Ali

Member January 1, 2024 at 2:52 pm

I see , so if someone celebrates Christmas it is ok too? I have seen Turkish people celebrating it among others , so it feels like they are not Muslims ,

• Ahsan

Moderator January 1, 2024 at 7:58 pm

Turkish people are not standard even no muslim is.

Our sources are Quran and Sunnah, we should focus on what they say.

You can celebrate as long as there is no haram element involve in it.

• Ibrahim Ali

Member January 2, 2024 at 5:11 pm

My question was not it ,, I was thinking that including Pakistani too and other Muslims countries the people are celebrating Christmas, how am I supposed to know what is the haram element in it???

And I researched so many religious Christians says , celebrating Christmas is not part of their religion , it is more of a child’s play to get gifts , it’s not a real thing , but still why would Muslims even celebrate it , if they would be celebrating Hazrat ISA As birth that it’s a different matter but they clearly say (nauzubillah) he is the son of Allah, so I’m confused about it

• Ahsan

Moderator January 2, 2024 at 7:41 pm

Please see Discussion 1749 for understanding principles of determining halal o haram.

People do thing which they are ok. No one is responsible for others act.

If you consider something wrong, your duty is fulfilled once you explain your argument. So dont get stressed about what other people do.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register