Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Invalidation Of Prayers For 40 Days Due To Cigarettes

Tagged: , , ,

• Invalidation Of Prayers For 40 Days Due To Cigarettes

Umer updated 3 months ago 3 Members · 15 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator January 1, 2024 at 8:00 pm

Nope, that not true as cigarettes donot intoxicate

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member January 1, 2024 at 8:28 pm

Can i get clear meaning of getting ‘Intoxication’

• Ahsan

Moderator January 1, 2024 at 11:06 pm

Intoxicant are substances which diminish human’s mental and physical abilities like wine, LSD etc which are prohibited in Islam.
    The hadith refers to using intoxicants.
    For details of hadith please see Discussion 53929

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member January 2, 2024 at 10:08 am

But cigarettes does make us a little high and gives a buzz of pleasure and energy but not that serious.whats the ruling then?

• Ahsan

Moderator January 2, 2024 at 7:45 pm

If there is convincing evidence of cigarettes being intoxicant, then the priniciple will be extended to cigarettes too.

However, there is no evidence for cigarettes. Addiction, enjoyment is not the basis of calling any food item haram. Please see for details Discussion 1641

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member January 2, 2024 at 11:18 pm

How to know if im getting intoxicated or not?what are the criterias

• Umer

Moderator January 3, 2024 at 6:26 am

If something makes you intoxicated in literal sense then that thing is considered prohibited, being intoxicated is defined as:

affected by alcohol or drugs especially to the point where physical and mental control is markedly diminished

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member January 4, 2024 at 6:11 am

If something makes us markedly diminish our mental and physical control,that thing is prohibited,am i ryt?

• Umer

Moderator January 4, 2024 at 6:13 am

Yes, and small quantities of that thing are also prohibited in Islam on grounds of Sadd-e-Zariya.

For example, if 500 ml of Alcohol makes you intoxicated then 1 ml of alcohol is also prohibited.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member January 4, 2024 at 11:19 am

So is cigarette intoxicating or not?

• Umer

Moderator January 5, 2024 at 11:20 pm

It does not diminish our mental and physical control so it is not an intoxicant.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member January 6, 2024 at 1:22 am

Theres type called(bidi) which makes our head spin for a couple minuites,whats the ruling on it?

• Umer

Moderator January 8, 2024 at 8:23 am

Now you know the principle and can apply this to other things which create doubt for you.

I do not know about “bidi” therefore I cannot comment on that.

• Mohamed Mushaf

Member January 23, 2024 at 2:11 pm

When they make the tobacco for cigarette they add little alcohol during production,then whats the effect of prayer on this?

• Umer

Moderator January 24, 2024 at 1:20 am

Such alcoholic cigarettes should be avoided.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register