Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Job Related To Social Media And Banned Islamic Organizations

Tagged: , ,

• Job Related To Social Media And Banned Islamic Organizations

Posted by Tamkin Fatima on January 7, 2024 at 12:37 pm

My new job relates to a social media platform. Here we analyze videos and control the violent and dangerous content. To stop the promotion of violence in new generations and society. So we know that many Organizations are banned internationally for their violence and terror based beliefs and actions. Most of them are Muslim organizations unfortunately.

So we are supposed to control any content (individuals, flags,logos etc) showing these things. So the flags and logos have Kalma shreef and Allah Rasool names. But we have to control them not because of Kalma but because they represent these organizations.

My question is “Is my job Halal or not?”

Am I doing something really wrong or sinful?

I wanted to ask this question to Ghamidi Sahab but I couldn’t get the chance. I would really appreciate if someone ask him on my behalf and also if you guys could help me here on this platform. Thanks and Jazak Allah ?

Umer replied 3 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Job Related To Social Media And Banned Islamic Organizations

Umer updated 3 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 7, 2024 at 11:16 pm

An unethical move cannot be made lawful with the label only.

In the time of Hazrat Ali, a group of Muslims called Kharijis, adopted the slogan, ان الحکم الا للہ judgment rest only with God. Hazrat Ali said, the kalima is haq but they meant Batil and he annihilated them in the battles.

If you are satisfied that their motives are unethical, you can restrict their promotions and it is a good job.

• Umer

Moderator January 8, 2024 at 4:11 am

Please register for the next Ask Ghamidi Live event scheduled for January 28, 2024 and there you can ask your question directly to Ghamidi Sahab:

https://ask.ghamidi.org/event/012024reg54zel/

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register