Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Using The Right Hand In Matters Other Than Dietary

Tagged: ,

• Using The Right Hand In Matters Other Than Dietary

Posted by Zuhair on January 9, 2024 at 10:03 pm

I heard that right hand is given alot of importance in Islam and it is said that don’t use for any other thing except eating, for example istinja etc. So for some people, they find it easier to use the right hand and prefer using it. So is it a compulsion to use the left hand in these cases or just preferred?

Umer replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Using The Right Hand In Matters Other Than Dietary

Umer updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar January 11, 2024 at 12:44 am

It is about the manners adopted in Sunnah for the Muslims. One should not change it without a valid reason. It is not a matter of sinfulness unless done with a sense of defiance to Sunnah.

• Umer

Moderator January 11, 2024 at 3:45 am

Please also see:

Discussion 56199

• Zuhair

Member January 11, 2024 at 8:01 pm

Thankyou, but like some people find it hard or inconvenient using the left hand for such purposes mainly because they are not satisfied or like I have OCD so is it ok to use the right hand in this case. I don’t mean to defy sunnah but it is very hard sometimes

• Umer

Moderator January 11, 2024 at 11:53 pm

The established Sunnah is to eat and drink with the right Hand which we should try follow in every occasion unless there is some genuine excuse. As for the rest of the matters, one can use any hand/foot depending on one’s natural inclination. Nothing explicit has been ordained in this regard.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register