Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Food Code Lists

Tagged: 

• Food Code Lists

Posted by Fahad Nawaz on January 11, 2024 at 7:59 pm

Assalamoalaikum,

Now a days, use of food codes / gelatin / toxic chemicals in consumable products is very common. Some are used as processing aid, stabilisers or to improve product texture, appearance etc.

There are various points of views of Ulema from four scholars on this issue. There are various halal / haram codes lists available in market depending on which among four scholars one follow.

Is there any talk of “Javaid Ahmad Ghamidi Sahab” on the topic of Food codes usage in food products or any QA available. What’s the importance of these lists?

If yes, can you please share.

JazakAllah

Fahad Nawaz replied 3 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Food Code Lists

Fahad Nawaz updated 3 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator January 12, 2024 at 12:02 am

His viewpoint is not available on the food code lists specifically but I assume it would be no different than his principal stance on such dietary matters. Please see:

Discussion 83056

• Fahad Nawaz

Member January 13, 2024 at 5:34 am

Brother,

I have heard Javaid Sahab and Ilyas sahab point of view on products with Gelatin in them, which is due to change in composition of animal fat after chemical processing Gelatin is produced therefore there is no harm in using the products with Gelatin in them.

Can one infer under the same principle that products with various food codes can be consumed as all food codes also go through chemical processes which changes the original composition?

• Fahad Nawaz

Member January 13, 2024 at 5:52 am

Brother,

Also found this video clip in which Faisal Haroon sahab has asked a question, sometimes parts of (Hashraat) insects are used to extract chemicals which are then added in products as ingredients. Can we consume these products.

The complete answer from Javaid sahab is very helpful but specially in last 45 seconds, Javaid sahab is clearly sharing his point of view on any elements (also known as food lists). I thought I will share if others are also looking for an answer.

JazakAllah

• Umer

Moderator January 15, 2024 at 11:47 pm

My apologies! I shared the wrong thread. The above response has been edited with the correct link. It also includes original link to the discussion shared by you as well. Thank you.

• Fahad Nawaz

Member January 16, 2024 at 1:33 am

JazakAllah brother.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register