Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Sending Reward For Someone Alive

• Sending Reward For Someone Alive

Posted by Omar Faruk on January 14, 2024 at 12:06 pm

Is there any provision to send or make reward for others? For example, I am grateful to my teacher for what he/she has done to me. To be little precise, supported me financially during my difficult days (Repayment was not discussed as it’s offensive). I can’t repay or sending materialistic gift may not be liked by him/her. Can I sponsor a child’s education in their name instead so the reward goes to them?

Umer replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Sending Reward For Someone Alive

Umer updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator January 16, 2024 at 2:59 am

Transfer of reward for both dead or alive is not an absolute thing, it is subject to the person’s intentions (for whom it is being done) and their efforts when they were/are alive in this world. If the intention is there when the person is alive or before the person passed away, then doing of such an act on their behalf will Insha’Allah reap additional rewards for the person (alive or dead). Had there been no intention or effort to begin with, then there cannot be any reward for the person. If the person on whose behalf such an act was done is ineligible for that reward, then the person doing it will get the reward nevertheless.

For Details on the concept of transfer of Reward, please see:

Discussion 31067 • Reply 31072

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register