Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Personal Moral Righteousness (attaining Permanent Residency)

• Personal Moral Righteousness (attaining Permanent Residency)

Posted by Syed Muneeb on January 22, 2024 at 9:13 am

I received a conditional Permanent residency invite from a state I don’t live in but I showed I lived there. Is it haram for me to not live there as IT will be a loss to uproot my life and move? I also received an unconditional PR invite last year but my lawyers mistake rendered it useless. It is a very big decision and can change the trajectory of my life by moving.

Syed Muneeb replied 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Personal Moral Righteousness (attaining Permanent Residency)

Syed Muneeb updated 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Syed Muneeb

Member January 22, 2024 at 9:18 am

Last year invite reference is for extra information. On that I could have lived anywhere but my lawyers mistake made it useless now I have the option to not move but get the invitation but it won’t be ethical

• Umer

Moderator January 23, 2024 at 12:03 am

Lying/deception cannot be allowed unless there is iztirar. As a principle, the relaxation in case of ibadah is based on the principle of usar (‘ghair mamoli mushaqqat‘) and for other prohibitions (‘mohramat’ like ethical prohibitions or dietary prohibitions), the relaxation is based on ‘iztirar‘ (becoming impossible to do or when it becomes a matter of life or death).

Please see for further details:

Discussion 50637 • Reply 50647

One will be held accountable for lying/deception, however this does not mean that all other Halal acts done after that act of deception will be Haram too. If one chooses to live on the basis of lie/deception then that act will be questioned but if one lives a Halal life after that then his life/earnings will be Halal.

• Syed Muneeb

Member January 23, 2024 at 12:21 am

Thank you. I have already moved but was having second thoughts about overthinking it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register