Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Intergalactic Travel And Time Travel In Quran

Tagged: 

• Intergalactic Travel And Time Travel In Quran

Posted by Zuhair on January 27, 2024 at 8:35 pm

I have been seeing some videos of an Islamic scholar or personality saying that Quran mentions intergalactic travel where he mentions about a surah, “ Idrees AS ko upar ke asmaan mai utha lia hai”(his translation of a surah). “Wa rafana makanan aleea”. I don’t know if I spelled it correctly or not. Please explain this that does Quran mention intergalactic travel and likewise, the story of miraj, where Prophet SAWW came back and I think it’s mentioned that the door didn’t even close and he came back within seconds? Im sorry I don’t know the exact situation but it was something similar. So does this mean time travel? Some people also argued with me on this point and I was confused myself.

Umer replied 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Intergalactic Travel And Time Travel In Quran

Umer updated 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator January 28, 2024 at 6:54 am

Ghamidi SB is clear about Mairaj; it happened in a state of dream.

For Hazrat Idrees, Ghamid sb believes that it is not true as the verse 19:56-57 talks about status.

According to Ghamidi sb interpretation of Quran, there is no reference to intergalactic travel.

• Umer

Moderator January 31, 2024 at 9:06 am

Intergalactic travel is something whose definition is very subjective and purely theoretical. Therefore, provide a clear Quranic reference for which you are implying intergalactic travel or you can read Ghamidi Sahab’s translation directly. Quran does talk about Angels coming down to earth and going up in the heavens and there is mention of several thousand years which are required for their travel (from our perspective). How they do that or what is the nature of their travel is something not mentioned in Quran.

If someone wants to work on intergalactic travel or worm holes or time travel, then realm of science is open for that and they should pursue scientific career. Quran is here for Inzar i.e. to remind people about the day of judgement and the deeds required to attain success there. It is not job of Quran to give scientific formulae on intergalactic travel and other similar phenomenons. All the progress that has been made in the scientific domain so far is because of the use of human faculties including observation, experimentation and logical inference. Therefore, one should focus on these faculties if one wants to see a breakthrough in these scientific theories.

Regarding Mairaj, please see:

Discussion 45425

Regarding Prophet Idrees, please see:

https://www.javedahmedghamidi.org/#!/quran?chapter=19¶graph=18&type=Ghamidi

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register