Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Causing Others To Do A Sin By Doing A Sin, Or A Generic Halal

• Causing Others To Do A Sin By Doing A Sin, Or A Generic Halal

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 3, 2024 at 10:48 pm

The difference is of Munkar and a religiously wrong thing.

Munkar is an an acknowledged evil like cheating murdering etc. If one assists in it he is sinful.

But Shirk is not that kind of Munkar. It is the matter between God and the person. And you are not directly assisting to maintain Shirk.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member February 4, 2024 at 12:38 am

“and you are not directly assisting to maintain Shirk”

to maintain Shirk, you mean that if someone helps the other person with intention to help him achieve shirk, right?

like if I drop someone to a place where I know he’ll go there and do somethings halal but also something’s Haram like shirk. but if intention is not to help him in achieving shirk but rather help him in achieving that which is halal, then it’s no problem. right?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 5, 2024 at 2:59 am

Right

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member April 23, 2024 at 8:49 am

@Irfan76 sir i have a question that. if for example i have a Hindu friend that says that “Whatever help of humans i do, i do it for the sake of our lord krishna, whenever i help someone i have this intention to please lord krishna “.

now sir if i know that this Hindu friend, has made an intention that what ever help he does of humanity, he has intention to please his false god. so every act of help he does he associates it with his god, which makes his act a shirk and wrong act.

now sir at an instance if I’m stuck at a place or in a situation where I need his assistance, or even if I’m not stuck, i just want him to help me so that i get a relief of a situation. i am saying this, so that he helps me, but the problem is that the moment he helps me his act will be Haram too. will i get sin if after knowing this i ask for his help, wanting him to help me?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 23, 2024 at 8:39 pm

The principle is, no one is responsible for the actions of others.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member April 24, 2024 at 4:22 am

@Irfan76 sir there’s a confusion in my mind.

in the example I sited above. the moment his actions manifest, the sin will manifest too because of his intention. and we want him to do this act. will we be counted as “wanting other person to do Haram?” or not.

and in this example there was a confusion between 2 principle, about which one to give preference here. one principle is “no one is responsible for others action” the other principle is “do not help in sin and transgression”.

and there’s another example if a taxi driver picks a man and the man says him to drop him at a temple. scholars in this example give preference to “do not help in sin and transgression” principle. and say this is Haram for driver. are the scholars correct here? or is other principle going to apply here?

sir can you please explain me how to distinguish between where which principle is to be applied?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 25, 2024 at 6:09 am

Do not Help in sin is about Haq talfi and Zyadiati. On the other hand, Muslims are allowed to marry a Christian girl who is a polytheist and she is allowed to perform her religious prayer in a Muslim man’s house with all the facilities she is provided with. The sin of beliefs is a matter between individuals and God. We do our job and let the people do theirs.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member May 5, 2024 at 3:16 am

Sir there’s a question in my mind,

As Zina is Haram and a major sin, touching opposite gender with lust is minor sin because it leads the person to Zina. so at any instance, a person is not allowed to touch a woman with lust, regardless of whether Zina happens or not.

Now if I give someone money (or even if I don’t give him money but he got it from someone else). but in my heart I’m wishing that “this man uses his money to go and do Zina” then I would be sinful for my wish of Haram to happen I guess.

by the same token if I wish/want for someone to go and touch a woman with lust I’ll be sinful for this too, because I’m wanting the other person to do a minor sin.

if there is a Hindu person who whenever takes a ride on vehicle, on reaching his destination. he praises his Krishna God. he does it so much that now it has become a habit for him, he does it always almost. as him taking ride on a vehicle directly leads him(always leads him) to do Shirk by the end of ride. on sadde zariya principle, his action of ‘taking a ride on vehicle’ will be minor sin for him too. because for him… it always leads him to the shirk.

now if I decide to meet this person at a location and I call him to reach this destination by taking such such vehicles and such routes. and in my heart I’m wishing/wanting that he takes such ride, then such ride, then such bus, then such rickshaw, so that he ultimately reaches here and we do our meeting. will I be sinful for “wanting him to do something which is minor sin… FOR HIM (because it directly, everytime leads him to do shirk”

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 5, 2024 at 7:56 pm

It is the same case we discussed before. If the source to lead to a major sin is direct, inappropriate in itself it is sin, if the source is indirect, then there is no problem in adopting it as there can be nothing in this world which indirectly may not lead or help one or another person to a sin.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member May 6, 2024 at 2:00 am

@Irfan76 no no sir , here my question was that in the example above , for his case only, will his taking riding vehicles be sinful as well? and Secondly if I have “a wish/want that he takes such and such vehicle then come through such route to reach here”.

in short will I be sinful for “wanting the other person to do something that is sin them”? this thing would only happen in above case if his riding vehicles is sin (I mean the sin starts from this action) and I’m wanting this to happen. in this way I wanted to ask what would be the ruling on me??

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register