Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Punishment On The Nation Of Prophet Abraham (sws)

• Punishment On The Nation Of Prophet Abraham (sws)

Posted by Sadiqa Ali on February 9, 2024 at 4:42 am

سورہ ممتحنہ کی ایت نمبر چار میں حضرت ابراہیم نے اپنی قوم سے کہا کہ ہم تم سے لا تعلق ہیں اگر جب تک تم ایک رب کی عبادت نہیں کرتے اگر ان کی قوم پہ اتمام حجت ہو گیا تھا تو پھر ان پہ عذاب نہیں انا تھا اللہ کا پھر ان کو کیوں کہا گیا کہ جب تک تم اللہ پر ایمان نہیں لاتے یا ان کو پھر بھی میں مہلت دی گئی ان پہ عذاب نہیں ایا تھا? (اس قوم پر

Saad Aamir replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Punishment On The Nation Of Prophet Abraham (sws)

Saad Aamir updated 2 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • Hassan Izhar

Member February 9, 2024 at 5:11 am

Yes , people of Prophet Abraham were punished because of their disbelief, like rest of the nations. Please see verse 9:70. However, what form of punishment was it, is not mentioned.

• Sadiqa Ali

Member February 9, 2024 at 5:27 am

Then why it is said to them that until unless you believe in God we have open enemity to you when there time was finished because prophet leaved them

• Saad Aamir

Member February 9, 2024 at 7:46 am

That happens with every Rasuul so it is assumed that same thing happened with Hazrat Ibrahim (AS). When a mushrik nation is marked for complete destruction and it is announced by God and the decision is finalized, you must cut your ties and leave at that final stage because Allah does not want the Messenger and the believers to stay with their nation and get destroyed by His Punishment.

No one should endure God’s punishment for someone else’s sake, at that point you should worry about yourself and take shelter with God by leaving with His Messenger.

Say, ‘Lord, if You ever show me the punishment You have threatened them with, then Lord, do not include me among the guilty!’ (Qur’an 23:93-94)

The punishment of Hazrat Ibrahim’s nation isn’t mentioned. But it is confirmed:

Discussion 50247

• Sadiqa Ali

Member February 9, 2024 at 8:47 am

I mean that why it is said that “until you believe” whereas the time has already completed for them and now God is going to punish them

• Saad Aamir

Member February 9, 2024 at 8:59 am

I think you are mixing up the time periods. The verse you mention in your main post doesn’t mention that time has already completed when Hazrat Ibrahim gave the speech you are mentioning:

Indeed you have an excellent example in Abraham and those who followed him, when they said to their people, ‘We disown you and whatever you worship besides God. We renounce you. Enmity and hatred shall endure between us and you, until you believe in the one God.’ [The exception was] when Abraham said to his father, ‘I shall indeed pray for [God’s] forgiveness for you; although I do not have it in my power to obtain anything from God on your behalf.’ They prayed, ‘O our Lord, in You we have placed our trust and to You we turn in repentance and to You is the final return. (Qur’an 60:4)

• Sadiqa Ali

Member February 9, 2024 at 9:02 am

I listened to ghamidi sahb on this verse he said that “jb wo waqt a gaya jb Rasool apni qoum ko chorta hain” regarding this verse

• Saad Aamir

Member February 9, 2024 at 9:05 am

Yes. You need to read the whole Qur’an to get the full context:

His father threatened, “How dare you reject my idols, O Abraham! If you do not desist, I will certainly stone you ˹to death˺. So be gone from me for a long time!” Abraham responded, “Peace be upon you! I will pray to my Lord for your forgiveness. He has truly been Most Gracious to me. As I distance myself from ˹all of˺ you and from whatever you invoke besides Allah, I will ˹continue to˺ call upon my Lord ˹alone˺, trusting that I will never be disappointed in invoking my Lord.” So after he had left them and what they worshipped besides Allah, We granted him Isaac and Jacob, and made each of them a prophet. (Qur’an 19:46-49)

• Sadiqa Ali

Member February 10, 2024 at 4:51 am

My question was that prophets tend to announce enemity to their nation when Allah instructs them to leave them because punishment of Allah is going to take place on them now if prophet Ibrahim announced enemity it means that the punishment is about to happen but at the same time prophet Ibrahim said that “we will have enemity until you believe in one God” if their time ended and the wrath of God on them is going to take place then why still it is said until you believe in God? Were they given extra time too?

• Saad Aamir

Member February 10, 2024 at 5:08 am

The enmity as you can see is that believers do not like the kufr of the people and the kafir wants to kill them (Ibrahim’s own father wanting to stone him to death). That’s the enmity that Hazrat Ibrahim is pointing out, that they have reached a point of no compromise, making it impossible for believers in stay in the nation and extends his hands towards the kafir one last time to come back to God so there can be peace.

Most of the time, kafir rejects this final statement and then the Messenger leaves. It is not extra time or any different in any Rasuul’s case. Just that Qur’an tends to show this same process in different way, sometime a Rasuul might use a different phrase. But there is nothing unique in Hazrat Ibrahim’s case, all messengers offer a last statement before they finally depart which would mean “If you aren’t gonna take advantage of Allah’s tolerance after all this time and come back to Him then it’s over between us, we’ll finally leaving.”

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register