Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Is This Ayat Sort Of Mutashabe Ayat?

• Is This Ayat Sort Of Mutashabe Ayat?

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on February 9, 2024 at 6:35 am

The ayat 70 of surah Furqan

“As for those who repent, believe, and do good deeds, they are the ones whose evil deeds Allah will change into good deeds. For Allah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”

here this ayah gives an vague idea that if someone repents then not only will his previous sins be removed but also they’ll be replaced by rewards accordingly.

and as Ghamidi Sahab said that the sins would be “removed” from nama e amaal and would be replaced with “good deeds” in his tafsir Al bayan.

does it mean that if for example in nama e amaal there was such information written as a reality that “on such and such day, on such and such time Ahmad did Stealing, which resulted in him getting big wealth”. so does it mean that instead of this being written as “Ahmad did Stealing”, any other good deed would be written in reality? like “Ahmad did such and such good deed”. trying to know or ascertain the reality of this ayah when it says that bad deeds will be replaced by good deeds, would be equivalent as to trying to know what is mutashabihat?

and what a person should keep himself reserved is to the result or idea that is meant to be delivered from such passage. which is a vague idea that a repenting person won’t be punished for his sins but rather be rewarded. am I right that this thing is mutashabe and only the meaning of idea should be understood and left without further knowing?

Ahsan replied 2 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Is This Ayat Sort Of Mutashabe Ayat?

• Ahsan

Moderator February 9, 2024 at 8:10 am

This ayah does not count as mutashabihat.

How God will do it, we havent been told. So pondering upon it useless.

For definition of mutashabihat please see Discussion 1241

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member February 9, 2024 at 8:29 am

@codename.AJK Sir then when Ghamidi Sahab says Amal name me gunah mitaadiye jayenge aur nikiyan likhdi jayengi. does it means that in the register of facts where it wherever it was written that “he had done such and such sin at for example 3 o clock on Friday 12 January”. this ‘such and such sin’ would be removed and any random good deed would be written? the newer version would be like “he had fed a poor man at 3 o clock on Friday 12 January”, which in reality in real life at that moment who hadn’t done this? does Ghamidi Sahab mean this?

• Ahsan

Moderator February 9, 2024 at 8:35 am

Perhaps Molana Ahsan can help in your query

یُبَدِّلُ اللّٰہُ سَیِّاٰتِھِمْ حَسَنٰتٍ‘ کا مفہوم یہ ہے کہ جو لوگ توبہ کر کے ایمان و عمل صالح کی زندگی اختیار کر لیتے ہیں ان کی نیکیاں ان کے اعمال نامے کے پچھلے گناہوں کو محو کر دیتی ہیں۔ اللہ تعالیٰ ان کی جگہ پر ان کی نیکیوں کو رکھ دیتا ہے جو ان کے گناہوں کو ڈھانک لیتی ہیں۔

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member February 9, 2024 at 8:54 am

@codename.AJK Sir amin ıslahı Sahab said the same thing as Ghamidi Sahab but I don’t understand what they meant by their words? did they meant what I said above? or did they simply meant that the punishment of sin would be removed and the in turn rewards would be given. but the reality of the facts in the register of Allah would remain as is, and not like the one I mentioned above in the previous reply?

• Ahsan

Moderator February 9, 2024 at 8:56 am

We havent been given this information, how it will work.

From language point of view, it just show that the he will not be accountable for previous sins.

I will request you to register for the live seasion so you can get answer directly from Ghamidi sb

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register