Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 6:151 – Mention Of Haram Things

Tagged: 

• Quran 6:151 – Mention Of Haram Things

Posted by Abdullah Dogar on February 10, 2024 at 12:23 pm

Surat No. 6 Ayat NO. 151

۔ ( ان سے ) کہو کہ : آؤ ، میں تمہیں پڑھ کر سناؤں کہ تمہارے پروردگار نے ( درحقیقت ) تم پر کونسی باتیں حرام کی ہیں ۔ وہ یہ ہیں کہ اس کے ساتھ کسی کو شریک نہ ٹھہراؤ ، اور ماں باپ کے ساتھ اچھا سلوک کرو ، اور غربت کی وجہ سے اپنے بچوں کو قتل نہ کرو ۔ ہم تمہیں بھی رزق دیں گے ، اور ان کو بھی ۔ اور بے حیائی کے کاموں کے پاس بھی نہ پھٹکو ، چاہے وہ بے حیائی کھلی ہوئی ہو یا چھپی ہوئی ، ( ٨١ ) اور جس جان کو اللہ نے حرمت عطا کی ہے اسے کسی برحق وجہ کے بغیر قتل نہ کرو ۔ لوگو ! یہ ہیں وہ باتیں جن کی اللہ نے تاکید کی ہے تاکہ تمہیں کچھ سمجھ آئے ۔

Is ayat main Haram cheezain un ko bataya gaya hai Jin ka Hukam hai?

For example Waledeen k sath ahsaan krna Haram bataya gaya hai?

Saad Aamir replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Quran 6:151 – Mention Of Haram Things

Saad Aamir updated 2 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 10 Replies
  • Saad Aamir

Member February 10, 2024 at 3:51 pm
  • Abdullah Dogar

Member February 10, 2024 at 10:27 pm

15:22 – 25:50 Waladeen k sath ahsan kro ya Waladeen ki Na Farmani na kro, it same thing.

Phr b question wahin rahyy ga, Yani k Waladeen ki na Farmani na krna haram hai?

Secondly Quran main asa tariqa/asloob kahann use howa hai?

19:00 Bani Israel : 23 Jis ka reference deya gaya hai, us main baat clear bayan hoi hai, asa asloob bayan Nahi howa.

• Saad Aamir

Member February 11, 2024 at 4:10 am

“Phr b question wahin rahyy ga, Yani k Waladeen ki na Farmani na krna haram hai?”

Watch the video again. It is a style where the list is declared to be of Haram, so every positive statement will imply that the opposite of it is haram automatically. If the list was not declared to be of Haram things only then it doesn’t imply this and only then your question would remain that is the verse saying that be kind to parents is haram.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————–

“19:00 Bani Israel : 23 Jis ka reference deya gaya hai, us main baat clear bayan hoi hai, asa asloob bayan Nahi howa. “

Again listen to the video. Ghamidi Sahab is saying that his teacher used the Bani Israel surah to confirm that the implication that “do not be rude to parents” is not random or personal interpretation, Also the asloob is used in Bani Israel Surah, and that the Qur’an also explains itself in another surah. In that surah, the things are explained plainly which confirms that the Qur’an does not mean that you should be rude to your parents or that kindness to them is haram in 6:151 which proves the interpretation that being kind to your parents is haram can’t be true nor should you interpret that verse in that way. Further supporting the point that Qur’an is using a special style in 6:151 and so Ghamidi Sahab wrote the implication in the translation which is proven by Qur’an in Surah Bani Israel.

“Tell them: Come, I shall tell you what your Lord has forbidden to you: do not associate anything with Him, treat your parents with kindness; [never be unkind to them,]……” (Qur’an 6:151)

You can read the Al-Bayan (footnote 253) on this verse if reading about will make the point in the video clear:
      https://www.javedahmedghamidi.org/#!/quran?chapter=6¶graph=47&type=Ghamidi

The conclusion Ghamidi Sahab made in the video was that Qur’an uses rules of language and uses special expressions, it should not be look at using rules of logic.

• Saad Aamir

Member February 11, 2024 at 4:19 am

Do not set up any other god with Allah, or you will end up condemned, abandoned. (Bani Israel, verse 22)

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully. (verse 23)

And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.” (verse 24)

……Give to close relatives their due, as well as the poor and ˹needy˺ travellers. And do not spend wastefully. (verse 26)

But if you must turn them down ˹because you lack the means to give˺—while hoping to receive your Lord’s bounty—then ˹at least˺ give them a kind word. (verse 28)

Do not be so tight-fisted, for you will be blameworthy; nor so open-handed, for you will end up in poverty. (verse 29)

Do not kill your children for fear of poverty. We provide for them and for you. Surely killing them is a heinous sin. (verse 31)

Do not come near the wealth of the orphan—unless intending to enhance it—until they attain maturity. Honour ˹your˺ pledges, for you will surely be accountable for them. (verse 34)

Give in full when you measure, and weigh with an even balance. That is fairest and best in the end. (verse 35)

• Abdullah Dogar

Member February 11, 2024 at 5:29 am

Actually brother you are not getting my point, if we express negatively the statement i.e “good treatment” as “not treat bad” , the meaning will be the same, i.e “if we are not treating bad, it is haram” or “good treatment is haram” .

Secondly, use of Haram is not just affecting the statement “good treatment to parent” but it is affecting the whole verse,

1. If we are not associating partner with Allah, it will Haram,

2. if we are treating good with parents, it will haram.

3. If we are not killing child out of poverty, it will haram.

And so on…

Thirdly, my point is not proving these thing are Haram but clearing the misconception of the error in the verse.

• Saad Aamir

Member February 11, 2024 at 5:34 am

I know what you are saying but you are not getting the video that was shared.

You are still using the rules of logic which Ghamidi Sahab explained should not be applied. You need to use the rules of language set by the Qur’an.

Saying “Show kindness to parents” means “Being rude to parents” is haram….in a list of haram.

Also you can’t look at the verse alone. You must read it in the context of the surrounding verses. And furthermore read the surah in context of all of the other surahs. That’s the approach of Farahi thoughts of school. Verses are not isolated. Qur’an is defining its rules, they must be respected.

• Abdullah Dogar

Member February 11, 2024 at 5:44 am

There is a huge difference between “showing kindness” and “being rude”,

And I am not ignoring the context, the context is “explaining the actual haram things”

And secondly if it is rule of language of Quran, why Quran is not using this rule again in any other verse?

• Saad Aamir

Member February 11, 2024 at 5:48 am

It just did use it in Surah Bani Israel. Allah calls the entire list between verses 22-37 as list of evils He hates, including both avoiding Shirks and positive commands.

17:38
      All this is evil (Sayyiat) that is hateful to your Lord.

Now how are you going to interpret this?

• Abdullah Dogar

Member February 11, 2024 at 6:14 am

I had so many misconceptions, now I have cleared all of them,

Please brother, pray for me for accepting the truth and guidance from Allah

• Saad Aamir

Member February 11, 2024 at 6:18 am

May Allah guide you through a gentle path to Him and anchor your feet well in the truth. Ameen.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register