Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Salah Interrupters As Per Hadith (Woman, Dog And Donkey)

Tagged: , ,

• Salah Interrupters As Per Hadith (Woman, Dog And Donkey)

Posted by Ahmad Zia Jamili on February 11, 2024 at 11:10 pm

«يَقْطَعُ صَلاَةَ الرَّجُلِ إِذَا لَمْ يَكُنْ بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ كَآخِرَةِ الرَّحْلِ، الْمَرْأَةُ وَالْحِمَارُ وَالكَلْبُ الأَسْوَدُ». قال ابو ذر: قُلْتُ يا رسولَ الله! مَا بَالُ الأَسْوَدِ مِنَ الأَحْمَرِ؟ قَالَ: «الكَلْبُ الأَسْوَدُ شَيْطَانٌ» مسلم و ابوداود و ابن خزیمه (٢/٩٥/١)

In the hadith above it is mentioned that ” Whenever there are no camels as high in front of the person praying and or a mature woman or If a donkey or a black dog passes in front of him, his prayer will be interrupted “یقطع”. Abu Dharr says: I asked O Messenger of God, what is the difference between a black or a red dog? He said: A black dog is a kind of devil

(Source: https://sunnah.com/muslim:510a)

Could you explain the Hadith …

regards,

Umer replied 1 month, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Salah Interrupters As Per Hadith (Woman, Dog And Donkey)

Umer updated 1 month, 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 11, 2024 at 11:30 pm

This is the correct translation.

The Messenger of ‘Allah (ﷺ) said: When any one of you stands for prayer and there is a thing before him equal to the back of the saddle that covers him and in case there is not before him (a thing) equal to the back of the saddle, his prayer would be cut off by (passing of an) ass, woman, and black Dog. I said: O Abu Dharr, what feature is there in a black dog which distinguish it from the red dog and the yellow dog? He said: O, son of my brother, I asked the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) as you are asking me, and he said: The black dog is a devil.

This is a piece of advice for the sake of maintaining concentration in the prayer. In an open space, such kind of occurrences may disturb the attention of the person saying prayer. Therefore it is advised to keep a thing as high as a saddle to mark an area of his prayer.

The specification of the black dog as a devil might be the knowledge of the prophet that in his era the devils might take the form of a black dog because Jinns, too got active in countering the message and campaign of Islam, as we know it from the Quran.

• Ahmad Zia Jamili

Member February 12, 2024 at 12:01 am

So does it mean, that the prayer should be revised if some one don’t put anything infront and an adult girl or … crosed before him,

actually i read it in Alabani’s Kitabul Alsalat where he mentions that hadit as A قاطع الصلوه he says that it is breaks the prayer and some should revise prayer …

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 13, 2024 at 5:20 am

It does not break the prayer, but it may cause interruption. This is what we understand from this hadith. So one needs not revise his prayer.

• Umer

Moderator February 29, 2024 at 11:52 pm

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register