Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Validity Of Wudhu (Sweat From Private Parts)

• Validity Of Wudhu (Sweat From Private Parts)

Posted by Muhammad Sami ud-Din on February 11, 2024 at 11:32 pm

Asselamu aleykum,

Unfortunately, I have suffered from over-thinking in religious matters, especially regarding the ablution. I have recently come to know that the Sahabah (ra) used to sweat from their rear private parts right after the defecation, which emits the najis sweat. It is well known that the Arabian peninsula is a hot climate area. So, sweating is the obvious thing. I have also posted questions regarding this earlier, as well. (including Discussion 90175)

From that post, It was clear to me that the undue hardship is pardoned. But in this case, the quantity of najasah is easily viewable. But, I could not find any report from the companions of the Holy Prophet (sav), that it also invalidates the wudu. Neither, there is a report that they used to wash themselves, after that. Actually, the question regarding this was posted to Islamqa by someone who was suffering from this. He was suffering from the hard task of cleaning himself after that. My question is, Does that invalidate the wudu?

Link to that post:- https://islamqa.info/en/answers/203136/he-sweats-and-sees-a-trace-of-najaasah-impurity-on-his-underwear

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 5 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Validity Of Wudhu (Sweat From Private Parts)

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 5 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 9 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 11, 2024 at 11:36 pm

It does not. Sweat is not najas even if it comes out from the skin pores of private parts. It is only urine and stool which is najs.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member February 11, 2024 at 11:43 pm

Actually, In that case, the sweat contains the easily viewable traces of najasah. You also answered my earlier query. From that post, It became clear to me that undue hardship Is pardoned. But in this case, it is reported that the companions (ra) also used to sweat right after the defecation from the anal area, which emits the easily viewable najasah in sweat. More details are in the link of Islamqa, that I have provided above. Does that invalidate the ablution or it is pardoned? I could not find any report in which the companions (ra), reported that it invalidates the wudu.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 11, 2024 at 11:52 pm

Sweat does not come from inside the anus. The sweat from the armpits has the same color and smell. So one should not bother oneself with what Shariah has no concern with.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member February 12, 2024 at 4:04 am

@Irfan76
    Sir, I don’t know about that. But as far as I know, the anal region has the sweating glands. Even though, if it does not have sweating glands, the questioner was asking that the sweat is so excessive that right after defecation, the sweat enters the anal canal. And then it comes back with the traces of feces with it. Does that invalidate the wudu? The questioner was only asking about Istinja, so it did not get clear to me.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 13, 2024 at 5:16 am

It does not happen, so one should not imagine it.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member February 15, 2024 at 7:04 am

Ok sir. Maybe, the user was confusing it with the rectal discharges, sometimes people confuse it with sweating.

Our traditionalist scholars held the opinion that anything which came from the rear private parts (i.e anus) whether accompanied with feces or not, invalidates the wudu. Is this true? Does rectal discharges and mucus invalidates the wudhu?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 15, 2024 at 10:13 pm

Yes. Because it usually involves feces

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member February 16, 2024 at 12:49 am

And If the rectal discharges are clear? Our traditionalist scholars (especially the Shafi’i school) state that, clear rectal discharges also invalidate the state of purity.

https://islamqa.org/shafii/seekersguidance-shafii/236438/how-does-clear-rectal-discharge-affect-my-state-of-purity/

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 16, 2024 at 4:35 am

yes, because it comes from the path that it is hard to know if it has no traces of feces. Therefore, it is the only good way to make a fresh wudu instead of examining the discharge whether it has traces or not.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register