Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 5:72 – Meaning Of Term Kafir In This Verse

• Quran 5:72 – Meaning Of Term Kafir In This Verse

Saad Aamir updated 2 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 11 Replies
  • Saad Aamir

Member February 14, 2024 at 6:39 am

Kafir term isn’t used in the verse 71 so I am not sure what you are asking.

Verse 70 gives context that it refers to Children of Israel that broke covenant and killed prophets.

• Sadiqa Ali

Member February 14, 2024 at 9:56 am

Sorry I wanted to ask about verse 72 typing error my bad

• Saad Aamir

Member February 14, 2024 at 10:06 am

Well you can hear Ghamidi Sahab’s commentary on this verse (72) in the highlighted time frame. I personally recommend you watch the whole video from start to end.

9:41- 14:24

https://youtu.be/RdnIMvVp0DA?t=581

• Sadiqa Ali

Member February 14, 2024 at 10:14 am

I heard it he first says that it’s talking about itmam e hujjah on christians but then says that saying that God is Jesus is kuffr and shirk at the same time same for the people who thinks universe is God that also is kuffr and shirk so what about the people believing in such things today?

• Saad Aamir

Member February 14, 2024 at 10:17 am

The goal of Qur’an to is to convince these people that they are committing kufr and shirk. Then if they understand this arguments of Qur’an and continue to believe in such things until they die. Then Allah will mark them as kafir and mushrik on the Day of Judgment.

That is the implication of the verse. It is a call to stop to the one who is convinced and understood the concept. It is a warning to them.

• Sadiqa Ali

Member February 14, 2024 at 10:20 am

But isn’t kufr a deliberate denial then why would Quran convince others that they are rejecting deliberately

• Saad Aamir

Member February 14, 2024 at 10:24 am

Because Trinity can be a confusing concept. Christians in time of Prophet PBUH were convinced that Qur’an was the word of God but they thought that Trinity may not be a problem because they thought they were following Tawheed.

So Allah made it crystal clear to these Christians that no. It’s not acceptable now that you are convinced of the Prophet (PBUH) being true and the Qur’an being final word of God. Drop the concept of Trinity now or prepare to be branded as kaffirs both in this world (for punishment that comes after every Messenger) and in the Hereafter.

• Sadiqa Ali

Member February 14, 2024 at 10:26 am

So this verse doesn’t applies for today’s Christians?

• Saad Aamir

Member February 14, 2024 at 10:27 am

Main audience is obviously the Christians in the time of Prophet (PBUH) but it may apply to a modern Christian if he is convinced of Qur’an being true.

• Sadiqa Ali

Member February 14, 2024 at 10:33 am

So to sum up

The Christians at the time of prophet were convinced of prophet but weren’t convinced of the actual tawhid. So God called it kufr. they thought that trinity is right. Yes? That means if a person denied at least one aspect of truth he becomes a kafir?

• Saad Aamir

Member February 14, 2024 at 10:36 am

Yes.

Any word of Allah that one is convinced came from Allah and still rejects it, is committing kufr in his heart.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register