Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Doubts About Feeing Of Lust And The Purpose Of Marriage

• Doubts About Feeing Of Lust And The Purpose Of Marriage

Posted by MOHAMMAD MOINUDDIN HYDER on February 15, 2024 at 11:44 am

Sawal ilmi aur nafsiyati k sath bhi juda hai ! Muqtalif ulama k muqtalif nazariyat aur araah aur nafsiyati khadsheh ki wajah se social aur family relations & dealings me inteahi hissasiyat paida hogai hai gender interaction k masle par ! Kisi relative ya co fellow of opposite gender se bath karne ya dekh ne baad khushi ya peace ka ahsas hotu is bat ka khauf lahiq horaha hai k ye lust ki wajah se hai ! Halaka iam sure it’s because of love affection and kineship ! Kisi k jamiliyat ki tareef kardu to b ye lust ki wajh se koi meri tareef karde tab b yahi guilty ! Ulama ki muqtalif araa sunte hue dil itmenaan me b aata hai aur kisi ki extrime opinion sun k wapas se khauf me ! Iam about to end up making decisions of marriage q k jab Lust hi hai jo mard to aurat ki taraf pasandigi paida karta hai ! To isme wafa aur mohabbat kaha se aagyi?.iam suffering from OCD. As well yet besides medication agar ilmi lihaz se mazeed aur rahmumaai ho to ulama aur ahle ilm se guzarish hai k mutawazin aur tasalli baqsh jawab tajweez karein @Irfan76 @UmerQureshi @codename.AJK @faisalharoon

Umer replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Doubts About Feeing Of Lust And The Purpose Of Marriage

Umer updated 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator February 15, 2024 at 9:11 pm

There are two points that must be kept in mind:

1). As far as doubts and specially OCD oriented doubts are concerned, it is advised to every such person experiencing them to ignore such thoughts as much as possible because most of the times such doubts are not real and have no basis in them and they also impact the psychological and social life of the person. Unless there is something tangible, such doubts should be ignored and we Muslims should only follow rational understanding of religion which we honestly believe to be true because our accountability depends on our knowledge and on aur actions based on this knowledge and we should not betray our conscience. To understand this point further, Quran 2:286, Quran 5:48 (Discussion 79805) and Quran 2:187 (https://www.javedahmedghamidi.org/#!/quran?chapter=2&paragraph=88&type=Ghamidi) should be read carefully.

2). As far as this specific issue which was asked in the question is concerned, it must be kept in mind that as long as one stays clear from Major sin of adultery and other open vulgarities (i.e. the ones which involves exposure of private parts in front of a non-eligible person etc.) then Allah has promised that He will forgive all minor sins in these domains with his mercy. It is a great virtue to be conscious of even minor lapse while interacting with the opposite gender but in case one thinks that one has erred in a certain interation and his eyes may be slipped in the wrong direction, then such unintentional lapses will Insha’Allah be forgiven by Allah if one stays clear of the major sins. See Quran 42:37 (https://www.javedahmedghamidi.org/#!/quran?chapter=42&paragraph=19&type=Ghamidi).

Also lust is not always a bad feeling, it can be a useful emotion when used in the right way. It is because if this feeling, male and female get attracted to each other in a way which leads to future generation and hence human population grows. Love and affection are also very valuable feelings and they also develop with time. Both these feelings are useful for both human growth and for growth of human population, it is the balance which is required in religion when dealing with these feelings and for this balance, Islam wants these feelings of both lust and love to be excercised through an institution of marriage so that any extreme form that these feelings may lead to, should be countered via institution of marriage by putting them an umbrella of responsibility which will ensure proper balance in expression of these feelings.

• MOHAMMAD MOINUDDIN HYDER

Member February 16, 2024 at 9:26 am

@Irfan76 @UmerQureshi

Sir I agre with you!

The doubt is ,it is well known to everyone including me , that lust is a crucial part of marriage but besides that initially if some one love opposite gender by not letting each other go under influence of these sexual desires, example pasandigi jo hoti hai ek dusre ki taraf to have feelings of love , affection & getting peace & happiness with Good intentions ,while looking & interacting with each other!

Prior to marriage,

Is that too consider as lust full feelings? When one is clear about that it is not. ! Just asking biologically is it possible to love or like someone without under influence of sexual desires &to your potential spouse or any relatives like cousins or friends?

Iam getting frequent thoughts & fear that no it’s not love or affection or fondness its completely lust lust lust ! Iam getting sacre I mean, cant I have feelings of love & affection besides this sexual desires for anyone? especially towards one whom I wanna secure my future?

• Umer

Moderator February 16, 2024 at 10:24 pm

Yes it is possible to have feelings of love and affection without lust. We love our parents, siblings and our kids without any such feeling. As far as one’s spouse is concerned, then it is not always lust, it is genuine love and affection and yes, lust also plays a vital role in certain matters and in such matters expression of lust is not wrong. For other people in the opposite gender who are not spouse and still eligible for marriage legally or from religious point, Islam suggests norms of gender interaction so that if lust starts to surge, then it can be contained by following those etiquettes. Feeling lust is not wrong but expressing it in front of wrong people is a sin. Besides, lust is not the kind of feeling which exists all the time, but whenever one feels it at wrong occasions, one is required to suppress it. Staying in these bounds is what is required in Islam.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register