Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family What Categorizes As A Secret Marriage In Islam

Tagged: 

• What Categorizes As A Secret Marriage In Islam

Posted by Sana Khan on February 15, 2024 at 12:28 pm

What is a secret marriage in islam? My sister got married with all the requirements of a valid marriage .. but I didn’t tell some of my friends due to some personal reasons about her marriage ?? Am I sinful for hiding her marriage from them only ?

Umer replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • What Categorizes As A Secret Marriage In Islam

Umer updated 2 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Sana Khan

Member February 15, 2024 at 12:32 pm

Keep in mind it was a legal marriage with many guests but some of my friends were just not invited only due to some reasons

• Umer

Moderator February 15, 2024 at 8:28 pm

Nikah is an open declaration of a contract by a man and a woman to live permanently as husband and wife. Therefore, the main objective is for the society (in general) to be aware of this fact that this couple has decided to live together as husband and wife. Including one or two close relatives as witnesses and conducting this ceremony secretly do not fulfil the requirements of Nikah and hence, Nikah would not be valid. For Nikah to be valid, it needs to be announced either through societal channels or through legal channels. In addition to this, all the legal requirements of a country where one is residing related to marriage registration must also be fulfilled.

For further details:

Discussion 45473

__

In the scenario asked in the question, the requirements seem to be fulfilled (both societal and legal). Just because some of the friends were not aware of it, it does not render the Nikah void.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register