Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Clarification On Matters Of Interest And Divorce With References From Sahaba

Tagged: ,

• Clarification On Matters Of Interest And Divorce With References From Sahaba

Posted by Sannan Khan on February 19, 2024 at 11:42 am

Objective: to satisfy myself that by following Gamdhi Sahab’s view I am not majorly deviating from historical Islamic view.

Issue of interest: I have watched the YouTube video in which the shaykh goes through this matter in detail and my understanding is that asking for interest is haram not giving and interest only applies on consumables rather than useable – I get that and make sense to follow that view – where my mind struggles is why do scholars of the past not hold that very logical view – do you know of other scholars modern or historical that have the same view as shaykh and if at all possible any reference it Sahaba with this interpretation will be really helpful

Issue of divorce: my understanding is that Shaykh’s view is that divorce cannot be giving in anger or my mistake – it needs to be given when a person is calm and has thought about it carefully. Again, I just want to know if any Hadith or vide sahaba or historical scholars agree with this interpretation.

Thanks in advance

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Clarification On Matters Of Interest And Divorce With References From Sahaba

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 20, 2024 at 11:04 pm

Tradition in itself is not Haq, it is only the Daleel or argument which has to be held superior to anything else. If you find an argument valid, it is valid, unless you realize its mistake, no matter what others opine. In our tradition, we adopt only those things which fulfill the criteria of validity of the argument.

Ghamidi Saheb’s opinions on interest and divorce are based on the principles he extracted from the Quran and Sunnah. You can cross-check his arguments and make your choice and opinion.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register