Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam The Basis Of Riyakari Being Shirk In Intellect

Tagged: ,

• The Basis Of Riyakari Being Shirk In Intellect

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on February 27, 2024 at 6:27 am

Hello there, Assallam u alaikum

my question is that as it is explained in Hadith that if someone is praying namaz to show off then he’s doing Shirk or a shirkiya behavior

if those hadiths have not reached us, what was the solid evidence in our intellect that would decisively conclude that doing such thing is shirk.

if a Jew was doing such a thing, as he doesn’t believe in Hadith. how will he be presented the evidence that if you’re doing like this then it’s a big sin?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • The Basis Of Riyakari Being Shirk In Intellect

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 28, 2024 at 1:08 am

Showing off to someone what is exclusively to be done for God is unethical. Its being unethical is innate.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member February 28, 2024 at 1:17 am

@Irfan76 yes sir but how will we tell him that it’s shirk? if he says in return that “worship is only Allah’s right. it means only Allah is to be worshipped. I am only worshipping Allah and no one else. yes with primary worldly aims. how will I be doing Shirk if I’m not worshipping someone else”

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 28, 2024 at 10:58 pm

It is not worshipping but the intention to please God should not involve someone else to be pleased here. it is not worshipping but it is still unethical. That is why it was never called outright shrik but riyakari

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register