Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam The Basis Of Riyakari Being Shirk In Intellect

Tagged: ,

• The Basis Of Riyakari Being Shirk In Intellect

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on February 27, 2024 at 6:27 am

Hello there, Assallam u alaikum

my question is that as it is explained in Hadith that if someone is praying namaz to show off then he’s doing Shirk or a shirkiya behavior

if those hadiths have not reached us, what was the solid evidence in our intellect that would decisively conclude that doing such thing is shirk.

if a Jew was doing such a thing, as he doesn’t believe in Hadith. how will he be presented the evidence that if you’re doing like this then it’s a big sin?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • The Basis Of Riyakari Being Shirk In Intellect

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 28, 2024 at 1:08 am

Showing off to someone what is exclusively to be done for God is unethical. Its being unethical is innate.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member February 28, 2024 at 1:17 am

@Irfan76 yes sir but how will we tell him that it’s shirk? if he says in return that “worship is only Allah’s right. it means only Allah is to be worshipped. I am only worshipping Allah and no one else. yes with primary worldly aims. how will I be doing Shirk if I’m not worshipping someone else”

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 28, 2024 at 10:58 pm

It is not worshipping but the intention to please God should not involve someone else to be pleased here. it is not worshipping but it is still unethical. That is why it was never called outright shrik but riyakari

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member May 13, 2024 at 7:11 am

@Irfan76 and sir when we say that a man’s worship is for Allah, is exclusively right of Allah, and it is an act related to having a relation with God as his being God and man being a slave. so this thing cannot be done for anyone else, trying to please someone else. we say this is unethical.

sir is this thing universally unethical like lie? or unethical only when related to God?

For example if a man lies regarding another man. this is unethical. if he lies regarding God, this is also unethical. lie is unethical in all aspects.

so is this thing also unethical in all cases? like if treat a boy with love and give him candies and have try to develop a love relation with him. but my intention is not the boy himself but it is actually to please his father, who’s my very good friend. so will it be unethical towards boy? that I establish a relationship with him of love and treat him with care, but not for his sake. but rather for sake of earning pleasure of his father, who is my good friend

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 13, 2024 at 11:52 pm

You are pleasing one person for another. What is unethical in it ?

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member May 14, 2024 at 12:36 am

@Irfan76 so sir it would be only unethical if Allah is pleased for please some other person but this thing will not apply to normal person to person. right for?

actually I just got a thought that is it a universal unethical thing that someone is being benefited but not for his sake but for someone else’s pleasure sake. but I understand that it’s not a universal unethical thing because if it was universal unethical thing like lie then Allah would not make arrangements like. trying to benefit is please other humans to please God.

it is only unethical if pleasing God or worshipping God is being made a means for some others pleasure. right sir?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 15, 2024 at 6:09 am

Pleasing God should entail no one. in the other case, there is no such universal law. when you invent such laws, you should see how other people think and behave in such matters. They make a universal law.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register