Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam The Type Of Reminding Favor That Is Abhorred In Quran

Tagged: 

• The Type Of Reminding Favor That Is Abhorred In Quran

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on February 28, 2024 at 12:43 am

hello there my question is that in Quran, it is said that the charity is cancelled if it’s done and is followed by reminder of favor. what I understand is that the reminding of favor that is made a topic here is of the person who sorts of boasts and mentions his favor to someone with notion of arrogance and a reflection of establishing his superiority over the person and his inferiority, this thing is arrogance and pride. so if someone mentions his favor in such a way of with notion of arrogance and then this thing is abhorred in Quran and cancels the rewards and we can say it’s sin because of its notion of arrogance.

but if for example a friend of a person(Ahmad) says that you don’t care for me or love me. so ahmad remind him of his good actions and favors directed towards his friend not in a way of establishing his upperhand on his friend. but to just prove that if his love or care for this friend was not present then he would have not done those good actions (of helping or assisting). so is this type of thing sinful or cancelling of reward?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • The Type Of Reminding Favor That Is Abhorred In Quran

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 28, 2024 at 12:50 am

If the intention is not bad, it does not fall into the category of ‘reminding the favour’. It is always the principle of ehtical and unethical which makes a matter difference.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member February 28, 2024 at 1:20 am

@Irfan76 so sir what type of reminding favor is mentioned in surah baqarah 264? is it like the one for maintaining a sense of superiority? the same feeling which we feel when we say that “ahmad can lift 20kg? so what?? I can lift 40kg”, in which there a feeling of arrogance and superiority complex reflected in heart

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 28, 2024 at 10:54 pm

You can put these two examples to common people. The moral judgment in our conscience is enough to tell us what is bad and what is just a matter of healthy competition in the example you cited.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register