Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family About To Divorce

• About To Divorce

Posted by Deleted User 3049 on March 11, 2024 at 5:42 pm

Assalam o Alikum,

I live in the USA and am married to a Malaysian girl who was previously divorced. We met in university, and after knowing each other for 4-5 years, we got married.

Before marrying her, I asked her all the questions I could about her past relationships, including why she got divorced. She swore on Allah and her parents that she didn’t lie about anything, so I married her. However, after 1.5 years of marriage, I found out she had been in more than 9 relationships before, and she lied about it multiple times to hide her past. She comes from a well-off family, and now she blames her lack of closeness to Allah for her past mistakes.

The problem is she’s now pregnant, and I only found out about her past after she became pregnant. I’m extremely depressed and can’t accept her anymore because her past doesn’t meet my standards, especially for a Muslim girl. Although she has been good to me since we got married, her past keeps haunting me, and I stopped communicating with her. I haven’t told my parents about the trouble I’m having; they said they would have been okay with our marriage if they knew her. I’m unsure if I made a mistake, especially now that she’s pregnant.

I feel ashamed and confused. I need advice on whether to divorce her, according to Islamic teachings. I regret my situation and don’t know how to initiate a divorce when everyone thinks we’re a happy couple. Should I leave her because of her past, or should I try to accept her? I’m repeating myself, but I hope you understand my situation. I’m looking for answers. Jazakallah.

Deleted User 3049 replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • About To Divorce

• Ali Qazi

Member March 11, 2024 at 11:10 pm

Assalamualaikum, may Allah make it easy. Please consult a local Imam in the US who is a licensed marriage counselor. I can connect you with one privately.

• Deleted User 3049

Member March 12, 2024 at 4:34 am

Sure, Would love to consult local imam. But, can I have few opinions based on the situation I’m in according to Islamic teachings or some Scholars personal point of view.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register