Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Tightness Of Clothes And Wudhu

Tagged: ,

• Tightness Of Clothes And Wudhu

Posted by Muhammad Sami ud-Din on March 21, 2024 at 6:35 pm

Asselamu aleyikum,

I have a question that has not been answered satisfactorily for half a year now. I don’t why I am not satisfied with any answer. The question is regarding the wudhu, many platforms are saying that it invalidates wudhu. The query has been struck in my mind, because of the confusion and tension due to it. I usually think that maybe, the receivers did not get what I am trying to say. I also asked this query on AskGhamidi twice, and the second time when I asked my query in Urdu, it was answered that the basic rule is that ease is granted where there is undue hardship. (Discussion 90175)

The question specifically was, this mostly happens in jeans that when we are even walking normally, the meatus on the tip of the penis (i.e. the place from where urine is discharged), that place becomes visible or slightly opened, due to the friction and tightness of the clothes. Even, if it is not opened or becomes visible, I notice the friction on that najis area, due to the clothes when I am moving. Sometimes, the meatus contains visible najasah (urine traces) from inside after urination, when I examine it. The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and his companions (rta) used to wear izaar (which are loose). But, It is very hard to avoid it completely, just as, the little traces of water in saliva, after rinsing the mouth are. Many people don’t even notice it. So, what is the ruling on it? Kindly clarify it in the light of Qur’an and Sunnah. (Kindly also quote if possible, if there is a report from any companion, asking a similar question to the Prophet, pbuh) Also, please let me know if my query has not been clear to you. Sorry for the inconvenience of asking it over and over again.

Jazak Allah.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 3 weeks, 2 days ago 2 Members · 20 Replies
  • 20 Replies
  • Tightness Of Clothes And Wudhu

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 3 weeks, 2 days ago 2 Members · 20 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 23, 2024 at 1:14 am

The organ is not itself najas, If urine drops come out only then they cause Najasat. If not, then one should not bother about its touching other parts of the skin around it. If some traces of urine are found one should refresh one’s wudu, otherwise no.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member March 23, 2024 at 7:38 am

And if the meatus from little inside have been touched with the clothes? It is a najis area, which cannot be free from urinal traces. But, obviously it does not contain the drops of najasah.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 24, 2024 at 6:34 am

Urine stays in the bladder, not in the meatus. It is therefore not najasat. Najast is urine only.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member March 24, 2024 at 3:51 pm

It is common for the meatus to remain moist due to the urine that has passed through it. So if it is opened by touching the clothes, due to them being tight, does that invalidate the wudhu, or is it pardoned due to being hard to avoid completely? Just as the little traces of water after rinsing the mouth while fasting are?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 25, 2024 at 1:07 am

This moisture is not urine but a natural lubricant.

If one still insists that it is najas and it touches the cloth to leave some traces, it is negligible. It doesn’t affect wudu and prayer.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member March 25, 2024 at 2:38 am

The moisture contain some urine. Is it really negligible? Because about this place, scholar Ibn Qudamah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

“If one drops oil into his urethra, then it comes out again, it invalidates Wudu, because it came out of the passage, which cannot be free of some impure wetness that accompanies it. Therefore Wudu is invalidated thereby, just as when only impurity comes out.” (Al-Mughni 1/125)

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member March 25, 2024 at 11:16 am

Also please see this.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 26, 2024 at 12:21 am

The example is not analogous. This is something natural and unavailable.

Such minor things are negligible, for example during fasting when one rinse one’s mouth traces of water are still in his mouth which he swallows along with saliva. It doesn’t invalidate fast. So one should not bother about such natural trivialities.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member March 26, 2024 at 8:24 am

Thanks for helping me with my query. But sir, still some doubts were bothering me about this. such as, as I have mentioned in the post, that the Prophet (sav) and his companions (rta) used to wear izaar. Also, I have noticed that it is very unlikely to happen in salwar kameez, due to it being loose and not hard as jeans. I was thinking that maybe jeans are against the norms of Islam. Isn’t it bothering? Please clarify your opinion, Thanks for your co-operation.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 26, 2024 at 11:24 pm

It does not happen in tight clothes, too. What usually comes out is urine drops or semen. No such thing normally happens.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member April 4, 2024 at 10:40 am

@Irfan76 Sir, I find myself unable to explain what I am trying to say in more detail. But, let’s remain on that point. If the moisture inside the penis is negligible, then why do our scholars say that wudhu is invalidated if the sperm discharges even without desire (however, the ghusl is not). Similarly, why Ibn Qudamah (ra) said that if one drops something into his urethra, this invalidates the wudhu (if it comes back), because it comes from an area that cannot be free from any najasah?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 4, 2024 at 10:58 am

Because it is najas. Moisture on the other hand is not najas. And it doesn’t come out. If it comes it is like sweat.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member April 4, 2024 at 11:06 am

Even, if sperm is najas. I would ask, Is the opinion of Ibn Qudamah (ra) correct or not? That moisture contains the urine.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 4, 2024 at 9:57 pm

Since urine is in the bladder therefore it is not likely that it is comes out with a liquid that is put from outside. So what comes out is oil with moisture.

But since some times semen or some traces of urine sson after intimation is therefore he says that one should consider that the Wudu is broken.

When one knows that there is is semen or drops of urine one should take it moisture a natural perspiration which doesn’t not invalidate Wudu.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member April 5, 2024 at 4:47 am

Sir, Am I allowed to send a filtered picture (of a man’s private area here from Google) here, to briefly explain what I am trying to explain?

Please co-operate with me, This question has turned into a headache for me.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 5, 2024 at 7:35 am

It is not allowed. And it is not necessary. The explanation is self explanatory. If you still think it invalidates Wudu then you can go with your understanding.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member April 5, 2024 at 2:08 pm

Sir, then I request you to kindly pay heed to my query. I know that my constant replies are also causing disturbance to you, as well. I feel really sorry and ashamed for that. But, AskGhamidi is the only platform which gives answers with reason and logic, with the source of Qur’an and Sunnah, and since a few months, I have totally got in the hypertension. It feels like I am unable to prostrate myself before Allah, or either I am now prohibited to wear the clothes of my choice.

The external urethral opening is so easy to be opened that, a man can open his urethral opening just by his two thumbs or fingers, and can watch the inside. I have even noticed that the hairs around this area are also sometimes enters or struck in the urethral opening. Similarly, It also happens that the urethral opening is opened due to touching with the clothes (more often in the tight clothes). And that purple area from inside, which has wetness in it, is also touched to the clothes. This even more frequently happen right after urination when one wear the clothes back after getting free from toilet (obviously due to being wet, because of the urine that has passed from this area). During that time, the moisture inside there, is 100% urine. That was what I was trying to explain, the moisture does not leak by itself. Is that negligible too? I mean does that invalidates the wudhu. if I make ablution, right after urination and that happens.

Also, maybe as you said that later the wetness is not due to urine, but it is a natural lubricant. It actually never gets 100% free from urine, due to the urine that has passed from it. Even if it is mixed with the lubricant.

So, What is the ruling on it. Kindly clarify in the light of Qur’an and Sunnah. Thanks for your co-operation.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 6, 2024 at 5:02 am

Ablution should not be made right after urination. Let it be dried and then make ablution. There comes no moisture out. What comes out is either semen or urine drops that invalidate Wudu. if the garment touches the moisture inside urethral (which is usually not possible, but for the sake of argument) then it does not invalidate Wudu.

• Muhammad Sami ud-Din

Member April 6, 2024 at 8:36 am

So, the wudhu will not be invalidated, even if the urethra has some urinal traces?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 6, 2024 at 10:38 pm

Yes, it will not invalidate the wudu as it is something unavoidable and natural occurrence.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register