Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Need Serious Guidance

• Need Serious Guidance

Posted by Dr. Tariq Bhat on March 27, 2024 at 2:55 am

Assalamualaikum…

I am doctor working about 60-70 km away from home. I am married with one child. I cannot reach home daily. My parents insist me to keep my family at home only to provide them helping hand and want me to visit home as per my convenience.

I want to keep my family with me at working place and visit my parents on and off. My parents strong oppose my proposal.

Now I am caught in a fix. Plz advise

Sarim Raza replied 1 month, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Need Serious Guidance

Sarim Raza updated 1 month, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Sarim Raza

Member March 28, 2024 at 2:55 pm

Walaikumasslam

There is a lot can be said but whatever i will advise will be purely as per my experience and understanding.

1. Firstly, your spouse has no obligation to take care of your parents as per islamic traditions but it is an obligation upon you. However, if she does help or take care of them she will be rewarded immensely in this world and hereafter as well.

2. If you cannot visit them with your child and spouse then you must arrange a domestic worker for the house chorus (if they want help) but if they want more than that (your family presence) then you should be with them.

They ask you as to what they should spend. Say: “Whatever good you spend should be for parents, kinsmen, orphans, the needy and the wayfarer; and whatever good you do, Allah is all-aware of it” [2: 215].

We have enjoined a human being to show kindness to his parents. With great difficulty, his mother carried him in her womb, and with great difficulty delivered him and his carrying and weaning took place in [almost] three months. Finally [after passing through all these stages] when a human being fully matures and becomes forty years old, he prays: “God give me the urge to express gratitude for your favour which you did to me and to my parents and do those righteous deeds which please you [46:15]

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register