Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia What If Employer Does Not Grant Time Off For Hajj

Tagged: 

• What If Employer Does Not Grant Time Off For Hajj

Posted by Tamkin Fatima on April 1, 2024 at 10:45 pm

I’m really excited and ready to go to my first ever hajj. All preparations /payments are done. But my employer doesn’t approve leaves for hajj.in canada, There’s no religious leaves option for a month or more. Other options are available like medical leaves for self or family. Shall I use this option instead? Should I leave my job to perform the hajj this year? Please guide, thank you and jazakAllah

Tamkin Fatima replied 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • What If Employer Does Not Grant Time Off For Hajj

Tamkin Fatima updated 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 2, 2024 at 12:01 am

Hajj does not require a month’s leave of absence; it only takes 5-7 days to perform all the rituals. You can plan ahead and align your yearly vacation with Hajj.

Whether or not to quit your job is your personal decision which should be based on your financial situation as well as your obligations, but there is no room for lying to your employer in order to perform Hajj.

• Tamkin Fatima

Member April 2, 2024 at 5:41 am

Jazak Allah khair. I applied in Pakistan government hajj scheme because it is far more cheaper than private groups.

The shortest package they offer is 20-25 days, in addition they require us to arrive 10 days before the flight. This is why I need to apply for more days of leave.

Anyway, I have got my answer. Thank you again.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register