Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Ethics Of Politics In Islam

• Ethics Of Politics In Islam

Posted by Sameer Namole on April 3, 2024 at 5:06 am

In Islam, what are the ethics of politics? I understand that democracy is preferred in Islam, but when you create a democratic country, what basis should you use for politics? There are two aspects here. One is from the perspective of a political party. For instance, if I’m starting a political party, what should be my etiquettes, like prioritizing human rights, etc.? The other aspect is as a voter. When choosing between political parties, what should be the basis? Nowadays, many political parties try to make the majority their vote bank. Their basis could be religious supremacy, language, or cultural dominance to secure a majority vote. Is this wrong? If yes, why? I want to understand these principles clearly, so if you could explain them to me in a simple yet detailed way, it would be much easier for me to grasp.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 4 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Ethics Of Politics In Islam

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 4, 2024 at 3:21 am

Islam’s concern is that man should guard his moral being. What strategy one adopts is one’s concern. Islam demands a person to observe justice and Ihsaan. One should not comprise his truth and haq to gain popularity or power.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register