Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Meeting A Non Mehram In Public Or Privacy

• Meeting A Non Mehram In Public Or Privacy

Posted by Haseeb Warraich on April 6, 2024 at 9:11 am

I am typing this question out of deep frustration. I love a girl in my university and want to marry her.. She isn’t really sure about her feelings but would marry me too.. Now the problem is she wouldn’t agree on meeting me in person at all. We only talk in text messages.. and the reason she tells me is this hadith from Sahih Bukhari.

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “No one of you should meet a woman in privacy unless she is accompanied by a Mahram (i.e., a relative within the prohibited degrees).”

Kindly explain how is this practically applicable without annihilating the basic tendency between humans to meet and know each other.. and how am I supposed to marry a person I haven’t met in privacy and known about her views about life?

And also please explain it to me in such a way with references that I can also clarify it to her.. i would be really thankful for that.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 3 weeks, 4 days ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Meeting A Non Mehram In Public Or Privacy

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 6, 2024 at 11:03 pm

I do not know of this particular hadith, however, the prophet has forbidden to meet a girl in seclusion. But sitting in a corner in an open place or a room with its doors open is not seclusion.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register