Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Zakat Calculation References From Quran, Sunnah And Hadith

Tagged: 

• Zakat Calculation References From Quran, Sunnah And Hadith

Posted by Zakir Hossain on April 7, 2024 at 2:59 am

Brother,

As per Ghamidi Sir’s Zakat calculation, there are different rates of calculation i.e. 2.5, 5, 10 and 20% for different categories of income. Secondly, it is also mentioned that jewelleries for personal use is exempted from Zakat calculation.

Kindly provide the source(s) of references from Quran, Sunnah and Hadith in respect to the above mentioned aspects of Zakat calculation.

Zakir Hossain

Zakir Hossain replied 1 week, 5 days ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Zakat Calculation References From Quran, Sunnah And Hadith

Zakir Hossain updated 1 week, 5 days ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator April 8, 2024 at 12:02 am

please see this link

• Zakir Hossain

Member April 17, 2024 at 8:45 am

My question was very specific as to the references in this regard. However, I have been dished out full details of Zakat, that was unwarranted.

What I get to understand from the reply is that the rules of Zakat has been received by us through Ijma and Tawatur. Even it has been received through Ijma (consensus) and Tawatur (perpetual adherence), there has to be some written source of references in this regard, maybe by some fuqha, commentator etc. What is the earliest source in this regard. Secondly, if it has reached to us by consensus (a thing on which agreement is of all), then why differences at the fiqh level.

Please clarify and correct me if I am wrong.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register