Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam The Case Of Fantasies

• The Case Of Fantasies

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 week, 3 days ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 8, 2024 at 1:39 am

This is natural. However one should avoid fantasizing a particular person.

• Yaver Javid

Member April 8, 2024 at 4:48 am

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, will forgive my ummah (followers) for whatever crosses their minds so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.” [al-Bukhari, Muslim].

It was narrated from Abu Kabshah al-Anmari that he heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say: People of this world are of four types. The first is a man to whom Allah gives wealth and knowledge, so he fears his Lord concerning it, upholds ties of kinship with it and realizes that something is due to Allah for that. This man will attain the highest status. The second is a man to whom Allah gives knowledge but He does not give him wealth, but he is sincere in intention and says: If I had wealth, I would have done what (the first man) did. He will be judged according to his intention and their reward will be the same. The third one is a man to whom Allah gives wealth but does not give knowledge, so he squanders his wealth without knowledge and does not fear Allah concerning it or uphold ties of kinship with it, and he does not realize that something is due to Allah for that. His will be the lowest status. Then there is a man to whom Allah gave neither wealth nor knowledge, but he says: If I had wealth I would do what the third man did. He will be judged according to his intention, and their burden of sin will be the same. [at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah]

kindly read and interpret both hadiths. i am so scared to do even a minor now after you told me about sarkashi

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 15, 2024 at 4:43 am

Fantasy is not a sin. One should not be afraid of it.

• Yaver Javid

Member April 17, 2024 at 3:57 am

what if one is unable to make his mind convinced that he shouldn’t do the sin after he gets the chance

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 17, 2024 at 8:10 pm

A Muslim should not have an intention to commit a sin when he gets a chance, if he really have fear of God. He should fight with nafs to make it obedient to God. If major sins are not committed the minor sins are forgiven.

• Yaver Javid

Member April 18, 2024 at 2:34 pm

is it a sin

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 19, 2024 at 3:31 am

It may lead to commuting the actual sin and the bad intention causes impurity in the soul. Therefore one should not have a bad intention.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register