Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Lying To Audacious People

• Lying To Audacious People

Posted by Sameer Namole on April 9, 2024 at 10:57 am

In everyday life, sometimes you have to tell a lie to your close relatives or friends. I mean, if you refuse to do something, instead of respecting your decision or boundaries, they start insisting. People in villages often do this, normally in informal relationships. They might ask you to do something that’s not really important, but they won’t take a simple “No” for an answer. Now, you have two choices: you can refuse rudely, or you can make an excuse. Many people can’t handle a rude “no.” It might damage the relationship because they feel disrespected and get upset. These people might be very close to you, so you can’t afford to make the relationship formal. In such situations, is it okay to lie or make excuses? Because you might have to make such excuses repeatedly, is it right? I feel like it’s okay because that person won’t understand the truth properly. Please share your opinion.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 weeks, 3 days ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Lying To Audacious People

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 12, 2024 at 1:01 am

There is another way that is a polite and clear No. You let people know that by no means no.

Lying is not allowed here. If the do not respect your wish you need not to respect their insistence.

• Sameer Namole

Member April 12, 2024 at 1:08 am

And if it leads to bitterness in relation from their side? Some people can’t digest a no.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 12, 2024 at 1:26 am

God doesn’t allow lie unless it is saved your life. Now you have to choose between God’s displeasure and that of the people.

• Sameer Namole

Member April 12, 2024 at 1:28 am

Ah I see your point but maybe I am failed to convey my point. I am asking, won’t people’s displeasure cause Allah’s displeasure? Allah tells us to do silarehmi, what would happen to it?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 12, 2024 at 1:36 am

If one’s parents asks one to commit Shirk, otherwise they will be displease with him. What should be the response? God has told is the do not follow your parents if they ask you to commit Shirk however be good to them.

The same goes for every sin. You cannot please people by displeasing God.

• Sameer Namole

Member April 12, 2024 at 1:39 am

Okay I understand. But they’re not telling me to do shirk, for example, they’re asking me to do a normal favor that I don’t want to do. It is not too big a favor and they can do it by some other ways too, but do you think just telling them no would work? I mean even by such a small thing if they get angry or like that, I am not responsible for that right?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 15, 2024 at 4:30 am

The principle derived from the example is that we cannot commit a sin to please someone. To tell a lie is a sin. You cannot lie. no matter whether one is displeased or not. Find a way to decline politely in such matters without telling a lie.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register