Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Hadiths On Signs Of Last Day Authentic?

Tagged: 

• Hadiths On Signs Of Last Day Authentic?

Posted by Hasan on April 12, 2024 at 2:22 pm

Assalam Alaikum, I have two questions with reference to the many hadiths that have specific details on signs of the Last Day, including some that mention it will be in between Asr and Maghreb on a Friday, etc in contrast with the Verse 7:187 that says:

They ask you, [O Muḥammad], about the Hour: when is its arrival? Say, “Its knowledge is only with my Lord. None will reveal its time except Him. It lays heavily upon the heavens and the earth. It will not come upon you except unexpectedly.” They ask you as if you are familiar with it. Say, “Its knowledge is only with Allāh, but most of the people do not know.”

1) How can the Messenger (saw) detail the signs when clearly he had no knowledge and was not familiar with it?

2) Why don’t we have a hadith that “when someone asked him (saw) about it, he replied “its knowledge is only with Allah” I mean surely our prophet said Exactly That as a response to such questions? correct? I’m confused. Are these ahadith fabricated because our Messenger didn’t respond as he was instructed by Allah? and also that he didn’t have the knowledge either.

JazakAllah khair

Ahsan replied 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Hadiths On Signs Of Last Day Authentic?

Ahsan updated 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator April 12, 2024 at 2:49 pm

please refer to Discussion 30985

• Hasan

Member April 12, 2024 at 5:06 pm

Ahsan I’m sorry, I read the whole post and it doesn’t answer my question. I already know there are signs in Hadiths (and some already happened) but just because some signs (e.g. tall buildings) occurred, I’m not going to accept something that contradicts the Qur’an.

Let me rephrase my questions for clarity:

1) How can a human being, whom no knowledge is given of the arrival of the Hour, start to list down in detail ‘events’ before it’s arrival. It implies he did have enough knowledge, which goes against the Qur’an.

2) When asked “When will be the Hour”, why don’t we find hadiths that mention literally what our Nabi (saw) actually said? which was “It’s knowledge is only with Allah” and when asked again trying to find some signs of it, as if he may at least be familiar with it, AGAIN our Nabi (saw) iterated “It’s knowledge is only with Allah” instead of “Oh yeah sure! Let me tell you about it, I have plenty information before it’s arrival, a whole list !!”

I’m sorry I’m only questioning the authenticity of such Hadiths. Certainly the Prophet cannot do against what he is instructed by Allah. Let’s (for a moment) assume that tall buildings was a wise guess by a Hadith fabricator (because Yemen, Istanbul, Rome of that era started competing in multistorey buildings and tall structures already). So please, I need answer based on my arguments from the Qur’an and logic. JazakAllah khair.

• Ahsan

Moderator April 13, 2024 at 9:58 am

Ghamidi sb consider signs as authentic hadiths. Thatswhy i shared the thread.

These hadiths donot give any time. Quran has also discussed some signs as mentioned in videos.

Your question is about time. Signs indicates it is near but when only god knows.

Evenif all signs are fullfilled, can you still estimate the time of day of judgment? Signs and exact time is different thing. Forinstance Quranic sign of Yajuj majuj is fulfilled according to Ghamidi sb. But still he cannot tell whether judgment day will be tomorrow.

• Ahsan

Moderator April 13, 2024 at 10:03 am

HHadiths are reported words. Hence narrators comprehension is automatically included in it. So yes they may not be exact words.

Now for your point why they donot report that only god knows the time.

I will suggest you to kindly investigate throughly from learning perspective rather being passive aggressive approach.

Please see the tall building hadith here which specifically says Prophet donot know the exact time.

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/2/43

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register