Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions What Is A Qareen?

• What Is A Qareen?

Posted by Ibtihaj Khan on April 15, 2024 at 12:14 am

In the Quran the term Qareen is used multiple times:

Sūrat az-Zukhruf: “And whosoever turns away from remembering and mentioning the Most Beneficent, we appoint for him a Satan to be a Qareen to him.”

Sūrat as-Saffat: “A speaker among them will say, ‘Indeed, I had a Qareen.'”

Sūrat an-Nisa: “And those who spend of their wealth to be seen by the people and believe not in Allah nor in the Last Day. And he to whom Satan is a Qareen – then evil is he as a Qareen.”

Sūrat Qaf: “And his Qareen, will say, ‘This is what is with me, prepared.'”

Is this a personal satan appointed to people that are disbelievers?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • What Is A Qareen?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 15, 2024 at 12:57 am

Qareen is the companion. It is used for Satan and for the angels (50: 23) who record the deeds.

Those who follow the evil invite satan to be their companion. It might be a personal satan.

• Ibtihaj Khan

Member April 15, 2024 at 1:14 am

Salam Dr Irfan,

Thank you for your swift response. I’m a little confused by this, if the Qareens are the ones that will showcase our records on the day of judgement, then why are they punished as mentioned from Ayyat 50:20 – 5:29?

Could I request your guidance in the mechanism of the Qareen? Are these Qareen from the raelm of the Satan? Does Allah only assign Qareens to wrong-doers? Can one fight of his personal Qareen? Are there Dua’s I can read so that my Qareen leaves me etc?

Jazak Allah Khair for your teachings.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 15, 2024 at 2:12 am

Man will be punished for his sins. The record prepared by the angel is to establish the evidence in the court of Allah.

God does not assign Satan to people. People invited them with their sins. It is nothing different from joining a bad company when one is seeking it. This general law is ascribed to God in the sense that God has created the whole system which works according to its rule that one who wants good will find good and the one who seeks evil will find evil. This satan can be a human or a jinn.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register