Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Very Serious!! A Question About Gheebat Please Answer!

• Very Serious!! A Question About Gheebat Please Answer!

Posted by Rehman Ali on April 21, 2024 at 8:58 am

Assalamu alaikum, as I posted before, but I’m afraid I still have some doubts. my question is, if some elder, or manager or elder relative is doing gheebat infront of Mr A. this Mr A really feels bad but is unsure what to do, he tries sometimes to interrupt or avoid conversation, or not engage in by doing more gheebat of other person, he just feels in his heart that this shouldn’t be done and just quitely listen, Will this Mr.A be sinful of this GRAVE SIN?
    Secondly, will all be good deeds delivered to the person whose gheebat was getting done? or will it be few good deeds?

Thirdly, how to reverse it, repent and like what should be done by a good muslim?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 week, 5 days ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Very Serious!! A Question About Gheebat Please Answer!

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 week, 5 days ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator April 22, 2024 at 5:56 am
  • Rehman Ali

Member April 22, 2024 at 2:42 pm

That was the question posted by me. But this one is a bit different in terms of application. In such cases, the party infront of you do not even consider this as gheebat. in all these situations what is best to do? just leave the place or (in majboori) can just listen and dil me galat jany?

Also, why the listener would be same as the one doing gheebat? there should be some reference to this. Could anyone provide it?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 23, 2024 at 8:54 pm

This is the case of strategy necessary to adopt.

One should advise others when they are in the mood to listen.

One may leave the place to avoid listening to backbiting.

One should not convey a private conversation to others this too will be backbiting.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register