Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Job Requirement To Identify Yourself To A Sect Of Islam

• Job Requirement To Identify Yourself To A Sect Of Islam

Posted by Saleem Haider on April 24, 2024 at 8:01 am

In Pakistan, in some very lucrative government jobs in high tech in weapons industry you are asked to identify or categorize yourself into some sect of Islam as part of background requirements check, and if you do not then an issue is created and you are not employed ( A very strange policy ). I study Quran and it says we are just Muslims, and there is no sect in Islam. So, what should you do when you know that ALLAH commands you to not become into sects, should i randomly say some big sect to gain the job OR lose a very good job by saying i am just Muslim and i have no sect.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 week, 2 days ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Job Requirement To Identify Yourself To A Sect Of Islam

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 week, 2 days ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 25, 2024 at 6:46 am

It is unfortunate if this is the case. However, you should not tell a lie to get the job. You can tell them that your family or ancestors belong to some sect. There is a broader division of Shia and Sunni. If one is not a Shia they may consider him Sunni and it makes no difference if one is called Sunni. it means the one who follows the Sunnah of the prophet.

• Saleem Haider

Member April 25, 2024 at 7:33 am

This is true and you are provided with a list of more then 30 sects to choose from even as part of your intitial application, and after your qualifications tests and interviews are cleared, they do a background review of you, and if you insist that ” I do not belong to a sect, it is considered somehow a security risk.

I think the truth is that you should stand your ground and do not let mockery of Islamic principles be done.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register