Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Kya Wasela Shirk Hai?

• Kya Wasela Shirk Hai?

Posted by Hijrat Karimzai on May 5, 2024 at 1:21 pm

Aslam o Alikom,

I live in Afghanistan and people of my family and neighbourhood believes in wasela Even my father, so please tell me is it shirk to wasela someone or just major sin?

Saad Aamir replied 1 week, 5 days ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Kya Wasela Shirk Hai?

Saad Aamir updated 1 week, 5 days ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Hassan Izhar

Member May 5, 2024 at 2:39 pm

There should be no intermediary between us and God. Please see Qur 39:3:

39:3 Absolutely, to God is the true system. Those who set up allies besides Him: “We only serve them so that they may bring us closer to God.” God will judge between them in what they dispute. Surely, God does not guide the one who is a liar, an ingrate.

These subtle forms of shirk are dangerous because people tend to not realize what they are doing. That is why many people on the DoJ will be surprised to know that what they have been doing was shirk. Their reaction would be:

6:23 Then, their only excuse was to say: “By God, our Lord, we were not polytheists!”

6:24 See how they lied to themselves; and that which they invented abandoned them.

• Saad Aamir

Member May 5, 2024 at 3:05 pm

Ghamidi Sahab is not against the idea of asking someone to request something from Allah for you. Because whoever makes dua, it’s going directly to Allah.

But idea that someone is close to Allah and somehow he can make Allah listen to you is a concept against Islam. It is against the sanctity of asking from Allah.

Ghamidi Sahab does not term it as shirk in my knowledge, just something that is a very wrong thing to do for a Muslim:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDJ5c5L0kMc

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register