Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions LGBT In Islamic Sharia

• LGBT In Islamic Sharia

Posted by rehan malik on May 8, 2024 at 9:38 am

I dont know from where to start and where to end as there is a flood of queries inside me as queer person born in a Muslim household . I have never felt any attraction towards opposite gender since my childhood and i was always attracted towards the same gender . i tried every possible way to change myself and to become normal but homosexuality in me never ended . i prayed to God to show me the right way but He never answered my prayers and at the end i have now become an atheist . The question is what should i do now as i dont want to live like this . i want to have a normal family and children and my faith back but i dont find any way back . what does sharia says about me ? where should i look for answers ? who can help me ? will the Prophet SAW accept me as his ummah ? After all I am not like this by choice .

Saad Aamir replied 1 week, 4 days ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • LGBT In Islamic Sharia

Saad Aamir updated 1 week, 4 days ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Saad Aamir

Member May 8, 2024 at 10:15 am

1. Can you clarify what you mean by queer? Are you intersex or just homosexual? (As the word queer covers both)

2. Attraction to same sex isn’t a sin. Just like being attracted to a married person that is haram isn’t sin. You must understand that Allah is against the act of zina because family system is essential for birth of humanity so marriage is between man and woman and any sexual acts are restricted to marriage only to ensure a stable family system and that people don’t go become addicted to other sources of sex and fail to be loyal to their spouses as cheating in a relationship can break a marriage and a broken home is very dangerous for children that are born in it because children require a lot of care at birth. This restriction by Allah is not negotiable for a Muslim.

3. Furthermore Allah is against impurity so oral and anal sex is considered sinful. This and point 2 is the reason acts of homosexuality is not accepted in Islam. (But again, attraction doesn’t matter, it is not sinful until action, people are attracted to all sorts of things just as long as one doesn’t act on the attraction).

4. But understand that these are simply sinful acts. A Muslim will commit zina and will remain part of Ummah. A Muslim will be born with issues and still be part of Ummah.

5. Regarding point 1, I asked this because if you are physically born with an issue then there is no issue in seeking mental treatment and even surgery to correct your gender as per the recommendations of experts. But if that is not the case then I’m not sure there is a solution for homosexual tendencies since correction methods for it have been mostly discontinued and rarely supported in most countries as far as I know. You may forced to accept that you will not have certain things in life (like a family) in the same way as one born with any disability.

6. Lastly, Islam is not accepted on the basis whether Allah answers us or not. Or we want to be part of a religion or family or just for the sake of it. We just examine arguments for Islam and accept it if we are convinced and then accept whatever test Allah gives us as He has promised to make everything right in the life of come.
    Discussion 1630

Reason I need to clarify this in point 6 because you want a normal life but that’s not why we come to Islam. It has its own reality that one must be prepared to face and it will be useful in handling and accepting your current situation when one understands Allah’s plan and that He will accept anyone willing to follow His commands and accept the tests He gives them.

You may also refer to the follow links and videos:

Discussion 43478|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQPLIXfxlpA

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register