Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Working For Fundraising Company For Charity Organisations

• Working For Fundraising Company For Charity Organisations

Posted by Nadeem Aslam on May 12, 2024 at 7:56 pm

Aslam o Alaikum,

I am in retail sales for more than 16 year’s and recently approached by another company to work for them but I am not too much sure is it good to go or in another way is it halal or haram the money I’ll make from it?

Actually, it’s an agency offering job on self employed basis as advisor to work in shopping malls in UK to approach direct to people to collect charity for few of the major charity organisations of UK, they have designed in a way where you as advisor sell that particular product to people via weekly or monthly direct debit or even one off funding and it involves also weekly/monthly draws for customers to reward them against their funding but they can cancel their direct debit anytime if they want, and as advisor you will get set one off commission for selling that product to customers, as it’s self employed so more you sell more you get as commission and that’s yours earning. I hope you understand it so my question is that being a Muslim where such earning stands, I mean halal or haram as advisor as it involves also lottery for customers on weekly/monthly basis to generate collections for charity organisations. Jazakallah

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Working For Fundraising Company For Charity Organisations

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 15, 2024 at 5:32 am

It is the deception and intent to harm that makes a business objectionable and haram. The scheme of the lucky draw seems gambling, which makes it haram. Moreover, if the funding is for charity, the lucky draw should have no room in this scheme. Cancellation of direct debit should be in the knowledge of the people.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register