Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Is There A List In Order For Major Sins And Major Virtues

• Is There A List In Order For Major Sins And Major Virtues

Posted by Nadeem Minhas on May 15, 2024 at 6:05 am

In one of Ghamidi Sahib’s video I heard sins in the following order and I did not feel it was right. (I do not have a reference to the video now). As far as I remember, his order of sin was

1. Shirk

2. Murder

3. Relationship without marriage.

I thought the order would be as following, but soon it got complicated.

Order of major sins

1. Shirk (knowingly or unknowingly)

2. Fasaad (Where people did not get killed or people got killed.)

3. Murder (planned, in anger)

4. Rape

5. A married person, having physical relationship outside of marriage. (Having relationship once by mistake or regularly having ongoing relationship. Having chilren or not having children from outside the marriage. Taking care or not taking care of children outside of marriage.)

6. An unmaaried person having physical relationship without marriage. (Having relationship once by mistake or regularly having ongoing relationship. Having chilren or not having children from outside the marriage. Taking care or not taking care of children outside of marriage.)

Nadeem Minhas replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Is There A List In Order For Major Sins And Major Virtues

Nadeem Minhas updated 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 15, 2024 at 6:13 am

It does not get complicated but elaborated. The intensity of sins makes them worse.

No sin becomes sin when done unknowingly.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member May 15, 2024 at 6:39 am

Thank you Dr. Irfan. Wouldn’t you agree that Fasaad is worse than murder and rape is worse than having consentual relationship.

Perhaps I am just detailing out the list in more detail than general categories.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 16, 2024 at 1:35 am

Yes of course, therefore the punishment of Fasad is more severe than that of murder. See the verse: 5: 33

نَّمَا جَزَاءُ الَّذِينَ يُحَارِبُونَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَيَسْعَوْنَ فِي الْأَرْضِ فَسَادًا أَن يُقَتَّلُوا أَوْ يُصَلَّبُوا أَوْ تُقَطَّعَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَأَرْجُلُهُم مِّنْ خِلَافٍ أَوْ يُنفَوْا مِنَ الْأَرْضِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ لَهُمْ خِزْيٌ فِي الدُّنْيَا ۖ وَلَهُمْ فِي الْآخِرَةِ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ

Rape too is Fasad, it incurs the same punishment. However, our conventional fiqh does not count it in Fasad and issue the same punishment as that of consental zina.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member May 17, 2024 at 8:56 pm

I am so surprised that the conventional figh considers rape and consentual sex as same. It feels and I am sure it is so wrong.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register