Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Does God Has Same Promise With Muslims Also

• Does God Has Same Promise With Muslims Also

Posted by Saleem Haider on May 20, 2024 at 4:59 am

Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala said:
    وَلَوْ اَنَّهُمْ اَقَا مُوا التَّوْرٰٮةَ وَا لْاِ نْجِيْلَ وَمَاۤ اُنْزِلَ اِلَيْهِمْ مِّنْ رَّبِّهِمْ لَاَ كَلُوْا مِنْ فَوْقِهِمْ وَمِنْ تَحْتِ اَرْجُلِهِمْ ۗ مِنْهُمْ اُمَّةٌ مُّقْتَصِدَةٌ ۗ وَكَثِيْرٌ مِّنْهُمْ سَآءَ مَا يَعْمَلُوْنَ”کاش انہوں نے توراۃ اور انجیل اور اُن دوسری کتابوں کو قائم کیا ہوتا جو اِن کے رب کی طرف سے اِن کے پاس بھیجی گئی تھیں ایسا کرتے تو اِن کے لیے اوپر سے رزق برستا اور نیچے سے ابلتا اگرچہ اِن میں کچھ لوگ راست رو بھی ہیں لیکن ان کی اکثریت سخت بد عمل ہے”(QS. Al-Ma’idah 5: Verse 66)
    * Via Qur’an Urdu https://quran-urdu.com

In ayat above the promise seems to be for people of book i۔e Jews and christians if they fullfill the conditions. Does it also holds for us، who have Quran as the book۔

Saleem Haider replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Does God Has Same Promise With Muslims Also

Saleem Haider updated 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Hassan Izhar

Member May 20, 2024 at 2:39 pm

Yes, this is a general principle, applicable on recipients of all divine Scriptures. More like a law of cause and effect as established by God Almighty and clearly communicated to humanity since the primordial times – that God will send down Revelation from time to time and the recipients will be required to follow it, and that the fulfillment of God’s promises will solely be contingent upon whether the recipients followed God’s Revelation or not:

20:123 He said, “Descend from this, all of you, for you are enemies to one another. So, when My guidance comes to you; then, whoever follows My guidance, he will not go astray nor suffer.”

2:38 We said, “Descend from it all of you, so when the guidance comes from Me, then whoever follows My guidance, they will have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.”

The Arabic word used in the above verses is ھدی (Guidance [from Me/God]), which is used in Quran for referring to Torah, Injeel as well as for Quran. All three books were similar in nature, and therefore the requirements of God Almighty from their recipients are also similar. There are many other common attributes among Torah, Injeel and Quran as explained in Quran, such as being: Guidance (ھدی), Light (نور), Mercy (رحمۃ), Wisdom (حکمۃ), Admonition (موعظة), Source of Judgement (حکم), Detail of Everything (تفصيلا لكل شىء), Criterion (فرقان), Reminder (ذکر), Shining Light (ضیا) etc.

If we assess the intent and purport of verse 5:66 and ask: Why is fulfillment of God’s promises to People of the Book (Jews & Christians) conditional upon their upholding of Torah and Injeel? What were they following, if not Torah and Injeel? When Prophet Muhammad was communicating these messages of God to Jews and Christians, the Jews and Christians had already had abandoned the Torah and Injeel and had invented and adopted numerous other false teachings and laws which were not authorized by God, but fabricated by themselves. Hence, they were not following the Torah and Injeel.

Let us briefly review what these other teachings and laws were, which they replaced the Torah and Injeel with:

Jews: The Jews abandoned the teachings of Torah and since many centuries had invented Oral Torah or Oral Law (organized and structured between Mishnah and Gemara ~ and collectively known as Talmud): “According to Rabbinic Jewish tradition, the Oral Torah was passed down orally in an unbroken chain from generation to generation until its contents were finally committed to writing following the destruction of the Second Temple in 70 CE” (wikipedia)

Therefore, Jews don’t follow Torah Alone (as God had advised), but combine it with Mishnah and Gemarah. Note the element of Tawatur playing a central role in the transmission of Talmud, a fabricated and unauthorized source of religion invented by Jews alongside Torah.

Christians: Similarly, Christians abandoned Torah, and Injeel and replaced their Scriptures with: A theology of the cross, fabricated teachings of St. Paul. who disfigured the original Christianity beyond recognition, and Nicene Creed. In 325 AD, 1800 bishops and priests met in Nicene and all collectively decided through IJMA that henceforth, Jesus will be considered son of God. Only three bishops disagreed to this creed, they were exiled and their writings and works were burnt.

Muslims: As evident, the corrupt theologies of Jews and Christians were based not on Torah and Injeel but on invented lies justified through Ijma and Tawatur. God reminded the Jews and Christians through Prophet Muhammad to come back to Torah and Injeel and uphold the Books of God. Despite these clear reminders and instructions given to People of the Book, surprisingly the Muslims committed the same and identical mistake, instead of learning anything from the history. Despite possessing God’s final Scripture which is a Mercy, Light, Clear Evidence, Wisdom, Criterion, Source of Law, Source of Judgement, and Detail of Everything just as Torah and Injeel, they conveniently and wholeheartedly abandoned the Quran, and just like Jews and Christians, adopted similar fabricated teachings, not authorized by God, just a century after the demise of the honorable Prophet.

They structured their entire theology not upon Quran but based it on false teachings such as Sunnah (a counterpart of Talmud: Oral Law), Hadith, Ijma, Qiyas, Tawatur, established history, Fiqh, and a long list of books and scholars. And when following an entire pantheon of sources, it is obviously not possible to follow Quran Alone. All this was achieved at a very early point in time, in 8th and 9th centuries AD.

• Saleem Haider

Member May 20, 2024 at 11:52 pm

Thanks I agree and i am also a firm believer in that the Quran is the only authority in all matters which we face regarding Islamic laws and way of life.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register