Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Using Chatgpt To Generate Content As Part Of An App I Created And Earn From It

• Using Chatgpt To Generate Content As Part Of An App I Created And Earn From It

Posted by Amin Ansar on June 8, 2024 at 7:38 pm

I want to create an app, an important part of it is that users can consume valuable content and I want to use chatgpt to generate that content. The app’s main purpose is something else but consuming valuable content is integral to it. I want to earn money by monetizing that app.

The problem is that chatgpt is accused of reading through blogs, websites and even paid, copyrighted books. On one hand people say that it is the same as a person reading an article, learning from it and then producing new content in his own words but on the other hand authors say that permission should have been taken from them and chatgpt sometimes generates content that has plagiarism.

I don’t want to do anything that goes against other people’s rights. But it is not clear to me if I should use chatgpt or not, what is to be done here? If I don’t use it, other options of providing content to users of my app would be very difficult. Am I sinful for using this tool?

Mubarak Bhatti replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Using Chatgpt To Generate Content As Part Of An App I Created And Earn From It

Mubarak Bhatti updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 8, 2024 at 7:53 pm

It is the responsibility of the administrator of AI engines to follow ethical standards. You are not responsible for that. You can use it.

• Mubarak Bhatti

Member June 10, 2024 at 4:38 am

If you ask chatGPT, about giving credit as in citations for ChatGPT’s content, it will say that it is plagiarism if you don’t disclose that the said content was generated using chatGPT.

So any content generated with help of an AI, has to be disclosed as such to readers with appropriate credit to it like any human’s work is used with due credit and citation.

• Mubarak Bhatti

Member June 10, 2024 at 4:41 am

Readers have a right to know if the content was generated by or with help of AI.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register