Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Freewill And Worldly Law

• Freewill And Worldly Law

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on July 24, 2020 at 11:18 am

If I choose to pick up a pen and write a word- this is my freewill. Is it correct to say that I am being allowed to do this and if Allah willed he could burst the pen in my hand? Is it due to this that only the intention matters?

Then, if someone accidentally breaks someone else’s item- legally why should they be held accountable? Should good intention and innicence not be assumed?

Sameer Bhagwat replied 3 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 33 Replies
  • 33 Replies
  • Freewill And Worldly Law

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 12:54 pm

Consequences for doing something on purpose versus accidentally are different in every just human law, as well as the divine law.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 1:59 pm

Any thoughts on the first paragraph sir?

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 24, 2020 at 3:08 pm

Taqdeer vs Tadbeer.

Taqdeer is always غالب on Tadbeer but many a times your Tadbeer and Allah’s Taqdeer can be the same.

You chose to pick up a pen. Allah let it happen. You wrote a word. Allah let it happen. And then the pen burst. Allah let it happen.

You choose to pick up a pen. Allah let it happen. Before you wrote a word the pen burst.

Now in both the scenarios, it was Allah’s will. And at both times, it was a test for you. Depending on what you take and what you learn AND how you act in every given circumstance. So yes, from the apparent events, what matters is what change it brings in you in terms of it purifying your knowledge and taking you closer to God. Just have to make use of your faculties to their fullest at all times.

I really hope all of this makes sense.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 3:18 pm

So the actual full control is in Allah’s hand (which is only fitting as he is on all things powerful).but my freewill is my own- my intention is my own.

A question arises then:

if Allah is all powerful and can control everything- then is it possible for him to control my freewill and stop me thinking certain things?

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 25, 2020 at 6:51 am

Him controlling my freewill and stopping my thoughts would be against His scheme in creating us. At many places in the Quran he has described man as ظالم and جلد باز

And we witness these attributes inside of us manifest themselves in all of our actions where most of the times, we can testify that the output is affected by these very reasons, ofcourse by Allah’s will. To test us.

In simpler words, our intentions before every event and our attitude and actions after, is what matters.

(This is what i have understood from God’s book and experience).

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 25, 2020 at 7:03 am

So God has the power to do York my thoughts the same way he has the power to come to earth. But he chooses not to use it?

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 25, 2020 at 7:21 am

Yes, that would be against His scheme for us. Otherwise the day of judgement and heaven and hell wouldn’t make sense. A makhlooq that worships Him despite all the خواہشات جذبات رغبات شیطان۔

It is for this reason that Allah doesn’t praise the angels and jinns like He praises human beings in the Quran. Making him the ‘khalifa’ of the earth, it just makes the whole scheme more difficult and potent to stick to.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:33 pm

Does God have the ability to lie ? Can he tell a false statement ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:36 pm

Just as a quick answer I think – God can do whatever he wants- but he has promised us he tells the truth

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 12:38 pm

If God can lie, then how can we be sure that the promise he made is not a lie itself ?

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 26, 2020 at 12:58 pm

The answer to these guesses would be just another guess brother. As for your query, again we judge God through His book.

Considering all these verses http://www.quranictopics.com/Ip1ch7e-Believers-and-Disbelievers-are-not-Equal.html we can testify to Him being a Just God. My experience in this world after having formed a relationship with Him also verifies this fact. The experience of many others suggests the same, verifying this very fact.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:11 pm

How can we take your personal experience as a verification of God’s existence and her being a Just God as well ? Many others have experienced different and opposite things.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 26, 2020 at 1:27 pm

Of course, you’ve rightly stated that my experience is subjective but it is the experience of countless others.

Whatever we are believing in this world, we are basing our conclusion on experience, inference and established history. Sometimes, only experience could suffice, at other times, all three of these tools might lead you to believe something.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:59 pm

Of course, you’ve rightly stated that my experience is subjective but it is the experience of countless others.”

Every person’s experience is subjective and different. I don’t think atheists have the same experience as believers.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 26, 2020 at 2:01 pm

Brother please consider the second paragraph.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:03 pm

Yes, I read it but it didn’t add anything more to your first paragraph argument. It was extension of it.

Established history : Muslims claim that Prophet Muhammad split the moon, but there is no established historical record of the same.. but when we point it out to them, some of them say it is a matter of faith. So, I can’t understand established history can be used as proof with Muslims.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 26, 2020 at 2:08 pm

You’re viewing just a small part of the whole.

Established history would be the guidance provided to us by God through His messengers. The similarity of the message in the scriptures we possess today. And then you scrutinize one single event in a given timeframe.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:25 pm

How does it justify and prove anything about God not lying ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:27 pm

Brother Sameer please read the article posted on the God lying forum

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:28 pm

Please give the link of the forum.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:32 pm

It is near the top in general discussions

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 26, 2020 at 2:28 pm

At this point i guess we would only have to trust Him.

Maybe someone else could answer this better @UmerQureshi @Sohail @AhmadShoaib

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 2:30 pm

Once we are in a position that we only have a choice to trust Her, then it is clear that we have already accepted the book of Qur’an as the word of God, without proving it.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 26, 2020 at 1:18 pm

“As for your query, again we judge God through His book.”

If God can lie, Her book can also be a lie.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 24, 2020 at 3:15 pm

Actually the entire Surah Yusuf could be quoted here in response. It depicts perfectly how some things happen to make you learn, some to lead to others, some to make you learn a lesson, some to prepare you for another event at another time.

• Umer

Moderator July 25, 2020 at 7:51 am

Please see if this clarifies some of the confusion, please watch from 1:09:56 to 1:19:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_1cgDOQvlo

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 25, 2020 at 12:40 pm

Not some, All of it. After contemplating and pondering over this issue very deeply since recently, using experience and God’s book as a source. I came to the exact same conclusion for myself which Ghamidi sb has confirmed in this video.

To view this world and my existence from MY lens not from Allah’s. Or else we are never going to get definite answers and it will only keep adding the clouds of ambiguity present in our minds.

Once I establish from experience, inference and established history that there is a God and Quran is His final testament. That is enough for me. Now i have to start working in my own realm, not God’s. Can’t thank you enough for this video @UmerQureshi bhai!

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 25, 2020 at 12:43 pm

👍👍👍

• Umer

Moderator July 25, 2020 at 12:44 pm

Well put!!

And you’re most welcome sister!

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 27, 2020 at 1:02 am

Let’s see some premise to set the proper context for questions.

1. A man X is trying to attack a woman Y, and the woman asks for help from Allah to save her.

2.. Another man Z comes to help the woman Y, and save her from X.

3. The woman Y, thanks Allah for saving her.

Now, can we assume that all three people X, Y, and Z exercised their individual free will or did God interfere and sent Z to help Y ?

Is the woman Y, justified in thanking Allah for saving her or the credit goes to Z and she should thank him for saving her ?

• Umer

Moderator July 27, 2020 at 2:57 am

Woman Y being a believing woman should thank God and the man both.

First one is an expression of a believing woman’s faith (eman) and second one is an expression of gratitude for the man for using his freewill out of all the people to save her.

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 27, 2020 at 3:34 am

Let’s keep the emaan out of it for sometime.. let’s look at it logically. God hadn’t played any role in listening to her call for help, if Z used his own free will to save her. Why should God be thanked at all for this act ?

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor July 27, 2020 at 1:23 pm

Does God listen to the request for help and react to it ? Does God accept dua to change our life condition ?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register