Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Ink And Wudu

• Ink And Wudu

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on July 24, 2020 at 4:51 pm

When ink is on hands can wudu be performed? Because technically we could remove it by rubbing or using some removers – because we know that it actually binds to your skin and prevents water from reaching certain places on the skin .

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Ink And Wudu

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 18 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 7:46 pm

And what if the removers bind to the skin too and prevent water from reaching certain places on the skin?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 11:08 pm

I am pretty certain the alcohol in the removers just dissolve the oil in the ink and take it off your skin. I was just wondering if it is fard to remove the ink in this way or if it is overlooked for ease and because it is such a minuscule layer

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 11:27 pm

Are you certain beyond any doubt that alcohol won’t leave any residue behind and that would cause any hinderance whatsoever in reaching even the sub-atomic particles of every cell of your skin?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 11:30 pm

Bhai i know this seems like going into too much detail- if there is any guidance on this it will be greatly appreciated.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 11:31 pm

But of course parts of our skin are always covered in atoms and molecules of bacteria and dust and many other things. These are almost impossible to fully remove unless you exfoliate your skin every time you do wudu I guess. But when it comes to ink I was guessing if the ease principle comes in or if we still have to remove it

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 11:34 pm

Don’t get me wrong, I’m just helping you reason and think through. And of course if there’s something you have figured that I don’t know then I’d be really thankful to learn from you.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 11:38 pm

Brother I have no idea 😅.

All this science was not even known all this time back- so I’m wondering if it even applies.

I was just not satisfied with the fiqhi answer that if it’s just colour it is ok because the colour isn’t some magical invisible thing- it is a substance that binds to your skin that prevents water from reaching your ‘actual’ skin

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 11:47 pm

To my current knowledge (please please let me know if I’m wrong) the only thing we can say is that with the principle of ease it would be allowed to do wudu on ink. I think…

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 11:50 pm

My approach to this kind of issues is based on my following understanding from the Quran:

1. It is one’s taqwa that reaches God, not the actual act.

2. In regards to all forms of ibadah, God doesn’t want to put us in any undue difficulty.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 11:53 pm

I think that makes perfect sense.

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 11:17 pm
    • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 11:20 pm

Yes bhai but it is clear nail polish forms a layer over the nail- so I guess wiping over already made wudu makes sense. But here the ink kind of binds to your skin and is now a ‘part’ of it. My question is do we have to remove it from our skins to do wudu because it technically does form a minuscule barrier to certain parts of the skin but it would be very difficult to remove it

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 11:31 pm

We might be overthinking and complicating a simple issue [that is how all fiqh is born]. Example: If someone accidently falls in the river, had no intention of Wudu, should it be considered a legit Wudu.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 11:32 pm

Yes I am coming to think that – imo it wouldn’t be a legit wudu but that’s for another day

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 11:37 pm

Imam Abu Hanifa might disagree with you here 😉

Do you also check water quality index for PH level, Sulphate, Phosphate, Nitrate, Flouride, Calcium etc. to make sure it is really “pure” and these chemicals/components are not preventing the “pure” water to interact with the skin? 🤔

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 11:39 pm

I don’t think we have to do this as it is well known you can do wudu with river water I believe. Also distilled water may not be very good for your skin.

The question could arise can you do wudu with sparkling flavoured water?

• $ohail T@hir

Moderator July 24, 2020 at 11:41 pm

More like age, color and height of animal to sacrifice? 🤔

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 24, 2020 at 11:42 pm

Maybe bhai

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register