Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Can Qurbani Meat Be Given To Non Muslims?

• Can Qurbani Meat Be Given To Non Muslims?

Rafia Khawaja updated 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 1, 2020 at 10:19 am

Brothers ? Can you please give a reference from a Qur’an verse or an authentic saying of Prophet that Hindus/Buddhists or even Christians/Jews are to be treated as “brothers” of Muslims ? Aren’t Jews and Christians supposed to be dominated/humbled ? Do you dominate “brothers” ? Prophet said to throw out all Jews and Christians from their homes in Arabia .. when do we throw out our brothers?

• Umer

Moderator August 1, 2020 at 10:37 am

In my understanding also, there is no such restriction.

وَالْبُدْنَ جَعَلْنَاهَا لَكُمْ مِّنْ شَعَآئِرِ اللَّهِ لَكُمْ فِيْهَا خَيْرٌ فَاذْكُرُوا اسْمَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْهَا صَوَافَّ فَإِذَا وَجَبَتْ جُنُوْبُهَا فَكُلُوا مِنْهَا وَأَطْعِمُوا الْقَانِعَ وَالْمُعْتَرَّ كَذَلِكَ سَخَّرْنَاهَا لَكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُوْنَ. لَن يَّنَالَ اللَّهَ لُحُومُهَا وَلَا دِمَآؤُهَا وَلَكِنْ يَّنَالُهُ التَّقْوَى مِنكُمْ كَذَلِكَ سَخَّرَهَا لَكُمْ لِتُكَبِّرُوا اللَّهَ عَلَى مَا هَدَاكُمْ وَبَشِّرِ الْمُحْسِنِيْنَ.

[You should also not be reluctant in sacrificing camels because] We have included sacrificial camels in the symbols of God for you. There is a lot of good for you in them. So pronounce God’s name on them as well when you make them stand in rows. Then when they fall on their sides [after being slaughtered], eat from them your selves and feed those also who [are needy but] are content and those also who come to ask in anxiety. We have subjugated for you these animals in this manner so that you may be grateful. Neither does their flesh reach God nor their blood; but only your piety reaches Him. In this way, God has subjugated them for you so that the guidance God has blessed you with, you exalt God on it. [This is the way of those who are thorough] and [O Prophet!] Give glad tidings to those who are thorough. (22:36-37)

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 1, 2020 at 10:47 am

Sameer the Prophet saw did not say to throw out all the Christians and Jews. This applies only to those Christians and Jews who were Mushrik and opposed the Prophet saw even when the message of the Qur’an was clearly conveyed to them and they still would not accept him

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 1, 2020 at 10:50 am

Well, this is not the topic of this thread, so I will not discuss this point of throwing out Jews/Christians in detail here.. (BTW the hadith says he would throw out all jews/christians from Arabia and leave none but Muslims there) . I only raised concern on your calling the other religion people as your “brothers” .. I will be interested to learn of a Qur’an verse or an authentic saying from Prophet which calls non-muslims as brothers. I know some narrations of Ali saying “Brothers in humanity” but not sure about one from Prophet .

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 1, 2020 at 12:10 pm

Can you quote the hadees. You don’t believe any hadees. It has to be in line with the Qur’an. Please

• Sameer Bhagwat

Contributor August 1, 2020 at 12:14 pm

Well, it is a different topic, so I will request you to present your views in this following thread, I mentioned the relevant hadiths in that thread.

Discussion 11242

Let this particular thread be dedicated to Qurbani meat only.

• Rafia Khawaja

Member August 2, 2020 at 8:06 am

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register