Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Asr And Isha End Time

Tagged: ,

• Asr And Isha End Time

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on August 3, 2020 at 1:30 pm

Does asr end at maghrib or a few minutes before? Is it 15 minutes before 30- 45 even?

Also I can’t really find any website or known place to find Islamic midnight so I had to code my own program- it is midway between maghrib and fajr right? If so why is there no website or pre calculation made for this? How did Arabs calculate this time- stars?

Munnoo Khan replied 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Asr And Isha End Time

Munnoo Khan updated 3 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 3, 2020 at 8:35 pm

Obligatory prayers should be offered as soon as their time arrives. In case of forgetting or another material difficulty, the prayer should be offered as soon as one remembers or the difficulty has been removed, even if it’s after the time for the next prayer has arrived. There’s no such thing as Islamic midnight.

Jabir Bin Abdullah narrates: “On the day of Al-Khandaq Umar Bin Al-Khattaab approached (the Prophet [pbuh]) after the sun had set and started cursing the Quraishi disbelievers. He explained, “O Messenger of God I could not offer the ‘Asr prayer till the sun had set.” The Prophet [pbuh] replied, “By God! I, too, have not prayed.” So we turned towards But-haan, and (the Prophet [pbuh]) performed ablution for the prayer and so did we. He led the Asr prayer after the sun had set. Then afterwards he offered the Maghrib prayer. [Bukhari, No:571]

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 8:38 pm

I have heard that isha ends at midnight and it is calculated by mid time of maghrib and fajr from SS sahab.

Also I still don’t get if asr ends a bit before maghrib or at the time of maghrib.

In my opinion (correct me if I’m wrong) it would be a matter of personal passion to pray at an early time but someone won’t be held accountable for praying at a later time if it is still the correct time for that salah.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 3, 2020 at 8:40 pm
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 3, 2021 at 5:23 pm

Can someone confirm that isha ends at midnight snd not until fajr?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register